• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High school cars....

Well, since I am a hoarder, I still have most of the cars I ever had. My first ride was a 1963 Econoline van that my Dad handed down to me in '75. Being a painter in the Navy, he tricked out the paint on it. This pic was taken a few nonths ago. Still have it.

I met some dad’s that wouldn’t let their daughters get in one of those for date night lol.

Chic magnet.:becky:

My dad's cousin was a mechanic and he would find old VW's and fix them up, engine, paint, body, whatever. The other good thing is that you could basically replace/find any part by using the JC Whitney catalog. I was thrilled to get it. He had it looking good on the outside, I bought seat covers from JCW and I was good to go. Except in the winter, the heater was crap and no defroster if you had ice. Bought a long-handled ice scraper for those situations and scraped the windshield as you drove down the road. The good ole days...
Heck...mine had a heater that would make you role the windows down in the winter.

This is the car I drove to school my senior year, 1975. It's a 1969 Volkswagen Beetle with a Rolls Royce fiberglass kit. The kit was called "The Elegant Beetle" made by a company here in Atlanta. I am told that Rolls Royce sued the company and production of the kits were halted. Sort of like the Glock/Smith & Wesson VE series, RR claimed the kit was too close of a resemblance to their product and won the judgement. The kit even included the "Flying Lady" hood ornament.

View attachment 3049431
Cool...You should have gotten a driver and rode in the back seat just for kicks

1967 Camaro- rodded out like a street punk with fat meats on the back and skinny baloney skins on the front. Jacked up like I thought I knew what I was doing and imagined myself looking cool (I was young and stupid). Louder than a helicopter with the glass packs.

Sold it while in college, and then picked up a 1967 Camaro SS/RS Convertible...which I still own today!

This movie was the street racing scene (exact years depicted) I was part of, kind of. I didn't have the money to invest into serious racing, but cruised the boulevard like all the other punks. The movie turned out to be a lame love story, but did show true street racing as it was back then in Queens.

The urban rednecks (me) had older ratty, but strong musclecars, while the rich kids had the brand new IROCS, Gran Nationals, Trans Ams, and Mustang GTs.

I'd love to have that one now.
A good neighbor of mine has one , Man I like that car. I bought a roller '50 Chevy pick up in '89, blew 2 junkyard 350's, let the junkyard have it. 1990 , Got a '77 Skylark to get by until I could save enough money to buy my Cousin's '70 Ford pick up 351C 3 on the tree and That Was A Lot Of Truck, I don't know what, if anything, aside from headers he or someone else did to it but it was hard to drive on wet payment. I hardly kept anything over a year but I'f I could only have 1 back...it'd be that 351 Cleveland pick up truck.

Back
Top Bottom