• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hey, Georgia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Home. I came here from the Chicago area myself (well, northern counties, DeKalb, McHenry, Lake and Boone). When I was looking for a house down here I took my oldest son of 6 at the time to the aquarium and as we were leaving he was waving to people on the street. Everyone stopped what they were doing to wave back at him. Thats when I knew this is where we will call home. Im sure you know how that scenario goes up there. Everyone that does respond responds with a look of WTF is their problem.

Yeah Rockford and the surrounding suburbs really turned to **** once they shut down capprenie greens and shipped them out.

Welcome Home. I came here from the Chicago area myself (well, northern counties, DeKalb, McHenry, Lake and Boone). When I was looking for a house down here I took my oldest son of 6 at the time to the aquarium and as we were leaving he was waving to people on the street. Everyone stopped what they were doing to wave back at him. Thats when I knew this is where we will call home. Im sure you know how that scenario goes up there. Everyone that does respond responds with a look of WTF is their problem.

Yeah Rockford and the surrounding suburbs really turned to **** once they shut down capprenie greens and shipped them out.

I completely agree. Sure, there are jerks everywhere, but in general, "y'all" are much friendlier on a regular basis down here. I do miss Gino's East Pizza and our killer Italian Beef sandwiches, but I've had a few good Southern meals so far and the ladies down here...oh my, I do love the Georgia Peaches ;).

I'll always love my home, but I'm pretty much here to stay.

Welcome and since you like to shoot and might be looking for some good places to shoot pm me and I'll give you some places around you that you can go. I am 10 miles or so north of you and there are numerous gun shop/ranges near you but if you don't mind a pretty drive there is the Ga DNR range up 985 North which is paper target only but supervised (these days is a good thing) and a gentleman up near Gainesville also off of 985 who has a .22 only range but will let you shoot anything you want pretty much-fruits, vegy's, bolwing pins, etc.

Hey I might just take you up on that, the range where I have my membership isn't very long, maybe 30 yards at best. I'd like to play around with some more distance and see what kind of damage I can do with my Ruger.

Welcome to the south, southerners are just people who enjoy the abundance of the outdoors............

Welcome to the great odt....

Jawja born, jawja bred, when we die we will be jawja dead....................... Die hard uga fan.

I'm still stunned how big a deal College Ball is down here. I'm a Bears, Bulls, Sox and Black Hawks guy, never really paid much attention to anything else, but it's looking like I'm gonna have to lol.

I Spoke with Bubba

we need a least one of the following for approval
  • Pick-up truck with Primer paint
  • Hunting dog of any Variety
  • Jeans with the hem walked off/Worn
  • evidence of self inflicted injury that would have started with "Hold ma beer n watch this!"
  • a Boat with a flat bottom or painted with more glitter than a gay-pride parade
  • Photograph of your family reunion in front of a mobile home. (one family member must be wearing a tube top)

Wow, I think so far, I only have the blue jeans locked down lol. I'll work on the beer-induced injury next...seems much easier than the others :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom