Hey, Georgia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoTransplant

Default rank <750 posts
Better dead than red
92   1
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was just turned on to this website by a co-worker and immediately fell in love. I'm from Chicago, where we're barely able to even look at a gun unless a gangbanger is pointing it at your face. I fled what I like to call Communist-occupied Illinois lol. I love my homeland, but Georgia is way cool and it turns out I really have a thing for firearms and the Southern culture in general. I don't plan on ever going back (it's too ******n cold lol).

Anyway, I was browsing the listings for some ammo, as I have a Ruger 10/22 I love to go nuts at the range with. Found a great deal on a 'Bucket' and PM'd the seller. His only reply was "Multiple accounts? Tsk Tsk". In my PM I offered to come running with cash in hand (hell, I would have paid $20 more).

So...I'm wondering, is this a typical occurrence? Or just a member being dramatic on the internet (oh, how original)? Any tips from 'seasoned' buyers? I've read a few posts regarding 'ammo flippers', which is just sad, but I'm just a dude that likes to shoot. In fact, I take a lot of co-workers to the range to help familiarize them with firearms. Any advice would be muchly appreciated.

Also, I'm not opposed to trades or just outright purchases.

My current 'arsenal' consists of a Walther P22, a Mossberg Cruiser 12g with a quadrail, and my beloved Ruger 10/22 with an ATIStrikeforce folding stock. I'm certainly not stopping there and an currently looking to upgrade my pistol. The Walther was my first purchase ever and I really like it, but I need something a little more...big ;)

Anyways, just thought I'd share my first experience on the site, and hope to dive right in...this place is awesome!

Chris

Welcome to Georgia.
Multiple accounts are generally frowned upon. pick one, stick with it

as for the P22, "the Best caliber for a handgun is one you can fire effectively."
Please remember this splinter of wisdom when making your determinations for a new handgun.

regarding Flippers. DON'T buy from Flippers, Do NOT be a flipper. you will be fine.
Honestly I have found that if you ask around, there are good people that will sell you ammo at their cost if you really need it.

:)

Welcome to the odt!!! Glad to see you made it out of occupied zone and down here to the safety of the south! Lol. I'm sure whoever you pmed about the ammo just thought you was going to buy it and turn around an sell it for just profit. We got some flippers that are buying and selling .22 to become over night millionaires. It's a great site FULL of great people with a few crazy one.

Welcome to Georgia.
Multiple accounts are generally frowned upon. pick one, stick with it

as for the P22, "the Best caliber for a handgun is one you can fire effectively."
Please remember this splinter of wisdom when making your determinations for a new handgun.

regarding Flippers. DON'T buy from Flippers, Do NOT be a flipper. you will be fine.
Honestly I have found that if you ask around, there are good people that will sell you ammo at their cost if you really need it.

:)

Thanks for the reply! I'm a member of quite a few forums, and I can assure you I don't have multiple accounts on here lol. I literally just signed up last night. Not sure how someone would discern that anyway...any mods out there can probably verify this, but whatever.

I do love the P22, very much, and I'm a pretty good shot with it, but my collection needs to expand lol. In my time here, I've fired off quite a few 9mm and am pretty comfortable with them, so really it's just deciding on which system I'm most comfortable with. I have a few friends with Glock 26s, which are nice, and I also have my eye on the Walther P99, which just feels right (but I'm probably biased as hell lol).

Anyway, thanks again for the reply and advice!

Welcome to the odt!!! Glad to see you made it out of occupied zone and down here to the safety of the south! Lol. I'm sure whoever you pmed about the ammo just thought you was going to buy it and turn around an sell it for just profit. We got some flippers that are buying and selling .22 to become over night millionaires. It's a great site FULL of great people with a few crazy one.

Yea, that's what I'm thinking. I saw the thread and went crazy, I couldn't type fast enough. It really was a nice deal, but again, I understand the flipping concept and it's pretty sad. Patience, I guess.

Another damn Yankee :p Glad you made it and welcome to ODT. However, you must perform the ancient Redneck rituals without failure. You must perform one kind deed daily, you must own a pickup and at least one hound dog, and lastly you must be able to perform a dumbass stunt just after saying... "Hear hold my beer"....

Welcome to GA and to the ODT! FYI, I lived in Rockford for 4 years and Chicago for 5 years (I don't miss it one bit...besides friends that is).

Let me guess, the Bucket of .22 is being sold by 1SPARKY (ammo flipper alert :mod:) ? I'm not sure why, or even how, he would know if you had multiple accounts (maybe because you're new...I don't know).

Thanks for the reply! I'm a member of quite a few forums, and I can assure you I don't have multiple accounts on here lol. I literally just signed up last night. Not sure how someone would discern that anyway...any mods out there can probably verify this, but whatever.

I do love the P22, very much, and I'm a pretty good shot with it, but my collection needs to expand lol. In my time here, I've fired off quite a few 9mm and am pretty comfortable with them, so really it's just deciding on which system I'm most comfortable with. I have a few friends with Glock 26s, which are nice, and I also have my eye on the Walther P99, which just feels right (but I'm probably biased as hell lol).

Anyway, thanks again for the reply and advice!

well I do not know how much you know, so I will throw this out there.
TRY before you BUY!

Yes, Here in the free territories, you can RENT a GUN!!!
Many local shops have ranges and as such will rent you a firearm.
I Suggest Pawing as many different firearms to see what you like, Shoot them. BUY the one you like best.

The guys here might hate me for this, but it helps prevent buyers' remorse and the resulting sale.

Have fun, stay safe and remember the 4 rules of Firearm safety

Another damn Yankee :p Glad you made it and welcome to ODT. However, you must perform the ancient Redneck rituals without failure. You must perform one kind deed daily, you must own a pickup and at least one hound dog, and lastly you must be able to perform a dumbass stunt just after saying... "Hear hold my beer"....

Hahaha, I get that a lot, actually. However, I'd argue I'm a 'Flatlander', not a Yankee. I hate New York and that's almost an insult :cool:.

Plenty of folks down here correct me though, I guess I'm a Yankee, whether I like it or not. I've also recently come to understand that when someone says "Bless your heart" that they really mean "Go f*** yourself" LOL

Thanks, I'll start working on those Redneck Rituals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom