• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hey dudes

is it really so hard to understand that okuma steve OWNS this site. he can allow or disallow anything he wants. if anyone doesnt like that they are free to leave anytime they want. no one is forced to post here and there are other sites to look at if you dont like the rules here.
Considering how simple a concept, it is bizarre. The interweb... always entertaining.

How I feel when I come back to this thread and most of the original posts are gone.
i.imgur.com_3qn2DfN.jpg

Steve,
I'm not super active here, but I have found the site very useful for local info, community support, and even found a few deals. I have recommended the site to many in my travels and on another forum. I have run into to several genuinely nice folks here. But...
Several of the folks I have recommended the site to have not stayed around very long due to the reception they have received from some here. These are folks who approached the site a respectful manner. I'm not trying to be a tattle-tale or call anyone out, but just passing along a honest assessment of the site. I get that many say, "you have to have a thick skin" and "if you don't like the conversation, go somewhere else" but my question is, "why does it have to be that way"? If some folks could lay off the new folks a bit and not assume every new poster is a ghost account from a banned member, maybe the newbies would hang around a while and become more contributing members. I have seen a lot of complaints about there being less buying activity or even offers. PERHAPS it is due to a lower number of new members.

I like this site. I'd like to see it continue to grow. I'd like to be able to continue to direct people to ODT as a good resource and contact for local activity and business. I think memes are funny. I just wish folks would keep in mind that not everyone has read every post of every thread here. Sometimes the new guys would like to discuss things too. If the vets are tired of that particular topic, why not just move on? Not receiving a response will achieve the same result as flaming them and not alienate them at the same time. I know, cause I've heard crickets in a few of my threads from time to time.

Thanks for this site and continuing to support it. Thanks for the upgrades and congrats on the results so far.
Jack

Back
Top Bottom