• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help with Walther Colt 22LR M4 Carbine

Jmitchell1975

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
5   0
Reaction score
Long story short I bought my son the above rifle for Christmas from a member on ODT. It was a "safe queen" and it is in near perfect condition with box and all paperwork, tools etc.

We haven't had a chance to shoot it yet so this afternoon I stripped it, cleaned it, oiled it well etc. Didn't notice anything until I loaded a magazine just to cycle a few rounds and see how it behaved and just go over the gun with my 12 year old whos name is... Colt.

I noticed it will not eject a live round. After looking much closer there is NO extractor. It's just not there. After hours of googling, and I am a proficient googler, I learned two things:

1. This is not completely unheard of.
2. I cannot find the replacement part to save my life!

I am hoping one of you fine fellows will just say "use this part from this gun its the exact same" lol wishful thinking I know but my boy is anxious to shoot his AR while I shoot mine.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!

Thank you sir! He has 100% positive feedback and is seemingly a good dude so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'll look through the manual and see if that part looks to be a fit. That's the tough part not having an extractor to compare it with. I do appreciate and will definitely let you know.

Thank you sir! He has 100% positive feedback and is seemingly a good dude so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'll look through the manual and see if that part looks to be a fit. That's the tough part not having an extractor to compare it with. I do appreciate and will definitely let you know.

there are a couple of youtube videos that walk you through the disassembly process. You can see the extractor and spring there when they pull it out.

E459F4B9-37DD-4CF1-8143-0A0A960A97AC.jpeg
5E272BC4-6FB2-4689-9A5F-5707C57E7729.jpeg
This is the culprit. I’ve seen similar on a few parts sites. I’ll keep digging. Thank you guys.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input. Track down a good phone number to call and the part will be here by the end of the week. Turns out even though it’s a Colt made by Walther the manufacturer was actually Umarex. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom