• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HELP! G21.5 ships with 6.1mm sights but when you call Glock, it calls for 6.1mm

Mula

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Hi guys. Hope I’m posting in the right sub. I’m having an issue. I have a brand new Glock 21 Gen 5 and I’m looking to put the right height night sights on it. I called Glock and they told me that the standard stock sight height is 6.5mm rear and 4.1mm front. The issue that I’m having is, the brand new untouched Glock that I bought from the factory has the rear sight marked with a larger bar over a smaller bar meaning 6.1mm right? Which is the true front and rear stock heights for the g21.5? 6.5mm or 6.1mm - and what about fronts. Anyone have the same issue? Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 5
Literally never fired a round.

Shoot it. It may be perfect.

All parts have tolerances built into them. A gun is a pile o’ parts, which means you’re adding tolerances to tolerances to tolerances to etc.

Just because a gun has the set of sights it’s supposed to have does not mean that it will hit exactly where it’s supposed to. That’s why companies offer the same sights in different heights.

If it worked like that, you’d never have to sight in a handgun. Just buy the right sights, center them on the gun, and you know you’re on. Actually, it rarely works that way.

When I was the Lead Firearms Instructor and Armorer for the FAMS in ATL, we would get brand new SIG P229’s in that would be off 2”-3” at 7yds, despite having the “correct” #6 front and rear sight. You’d measure the amount of elevation that you were off by, consult the chart, and replace the front or rear sight with the one that fixes the problem. That’s one way to correct fixed sights.

Also, where you hit with those sights will depend on what ammunition you’re using. You’re gonna get a different POI from the same POA when using 230grn FMJ’s at 830fps than you will with 185grn +P JHP’s at 1150fps. Typically, in handguns, the slower the round the higher they will impact.

Shoot it. It may be perfect.

All parts have tolerances built into them. A gun is a pile o’ parts, which means you’re adding tolerances to tolerances to tolerances to etc.

Just because a gun has the set of sights it’s supposed to have does not mean that it will hit exactly where it’s supposed to. That’s why companies offer the same sights in different heights.

If it worked like that, you’d never have to sight in a handgun. Just buy the right sights, center them on the gun, and you know you’re on. Actually, it rarely works that way.

When I was the Lead Firearms Instructor and Armorer for the FAMS in ATL, we would get brand new SIG P229’s in that would be off 2”-3” at 7yds, despite having the “correct” #6 front and rear sight. You’d measure the amount of elevation that you were off by, consult the chart, and replace the front or rear sight with the one that fixes the problem. That’s one way to correct fixed sights.

Also, where you hit with those sights will depend on what ammunition you’re using. You’re gonna get a different POI from the same POA when using 230grn FMJ’s at 830fps than you will with 185grn +P JHP’s at 1150fps. Typically, in handguns, the slower the round the higher they will impact.
Thank you for the detailed response

Back
Top Bottom