• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help with Siding where it meets roofline

Alright no kidding, the home depot's near me don't even have some single piece siding? Its all sheets?
I don't even know the proper name for what I'm searching for?

It looks mostly like Omniwood, Louisiana-Pacific, or Masonite, with a bead. The bead is the little round part at the bottom.

Basically those are all particleboard lap siding, with a bead.

Try something like Pmc Lumber in Marietta.

It could also be a hardy plank made to look like those other products. But the way it broke apart makes it look like a particleboard.

I see what your saying about it running the water the way it is. That makes sense considering how far it's running.

But if I end the flashing sooner do I then need to turn it out some towards gutter? Otherwise wouldn't there still be possibility of damage to new siding?

You really don’t want to end it sooner. You just need to end the flashing such that the water comes out on top of the gutter cover, or the gutter on the lower roof. Not behind the right end of the gutter. And not up against the siding on the right side either.

So ideally I would turn the last piece out a little bit. Maybe even just 1 inch off the wall, ending on top of the gutter cover.

There really is not a lot of water in that area, because it is covered from the eve above. But any little bit of regular water, the way it is, will cause all kinds of problems.

It actually looks like the siding was probably installed around that gutter. (Gutters first, then siding). You probably ought to have somebody that knows what they’re doing just rework that area for you.

Not sure if you are a DIYer or not?

You really don’t want to end it sooner. You just need to end the flashing such that the water comes out on top of the gutter cover, or the gutter on the lower roof. Not behind the right end of the gutter. And not up against the siding on the right side either.

So ideally I would turn the last piece out a little bit. Maybe even just 1 inch off the wall, ending on top of the gutter cover.

There really is not a lot of water in that area, because it is covered from the eve above. But any little bit of regular water, the way it is, will cause all kinds of problems.

It actually looks like the siding was probably installed around that gutter. (Gutters first, then siding). You probably ought to have somebody that knows what they’re doing just rework that area for you.

Not sure if you are a DIYer or not?

Yeh man. Most things if I don't DIY it doesn't get done lol. It being my sister's house she can afford to hire some one.

I think with the info I have here I can pull it down and put it back together properly.

Back
Top Bottom