• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wood sealant help

Mr. Goodbar

Default rank 5000+ posts
Savage Hooligan
109   0
Reaction score
I’m not a wood worker at all, but my brother in law bought this big ass table for his mother, doesn’t seem to be sealed at all, no idea what the wood is. What is the best way to seal this, Hardwax oil?

7EE43C27-FEAF-4344-A108-483515F4AE22.jpeg
F7925730-620A-475B-922A-2D9F6D40C101.jpeg

I’m not a wood worker at all, but my brother in law bought this big ass table for his mother, doesn’t seem to be sealed at all, no idea what the wood is. What is the best way to seal this, Hardwax oil?

View attachment 6769148View attachment 6769149
There is a sanding sealer on the market that you can get to seal the wood prior to putting a stain and finishing coat on it. Lowes has it but sherwin williams would be more able to help you get the right stuff to do the job with and tell you how to do it. If you want to know more about the finishing process, send me a message and I will help you.

I have no experience sealing wood. However I would try it on the bottom, out of sight first to see how it looks before trying it on top. That's a great looking table.

Would highly recommend a sanding sealer if you plan on using stain.

If you have access to a compressor, use lacquer and spray it with a $10 HVLP from harbor freight. Will give you a much nicer finish than poly

Back
Top Bottom