• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help please.

145   0
Reaction score
I just picked up a vintage Cold Steel Trail master. Along the way some loon decided to paint the blade "tactical" black. What's the best way to remove said paint without scratching or otherwise harming the blade?

Thanks!

I had a trail master and an original tanto, still have the latter. Tough steel, you aren't going to harm it with some acetone and a scratch pad. I would try keeping it off the grip though, not sure how that kraton would hold up to a solvent.

I had a trail master and an original tanto, still have the latter. Tough steel, you aren't going to harm it with some acetone and a scratch pad. I would try keeping it off the grip though, not sure how that kraton would hold up to a solvent.
Had an original Tanto too. Gifted it to my much loved brother. I'll try the acetone and protect the kraton as much as possible.

Some wraps of paper towel around the handle, finished off with a plastic bag all taped on should do er perfect. I'll never get rid of my Tanto. I trained martial arts with it for so many years that I'm more comfortable clearing a house with that and a flashlight than I am with a gun. Its a great knife.

Some wraps of paper towel around the handle, finished off with a plastic bag all taped on should do er perfect. I'll never get rid of my Tanto. I trained martial arts with it for so many years that I'm more comfortable clearing a house with that and a flashlight than I am with a gun. Its a great knife.

Thanks. I agree about the Tanto. Anyone else but my brother could have pounded sand. But love makes you do stupid stuff particularly when it's family!

Back
Top Bottom