• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help! Need a new home for a parrot. Seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short I had to drive my mom to the Med Center ICU today to give the okay to unplug my stepfather. He's had this yellow naped Amazon parrot since the late 90s. It talks and laughs and makes all kinds of noises. Right now it's depressed because it's lived in Mike's room it's whole life and Mike ain't there. These larger birds are kinda needy and form attachments to people. I need to find a home for it. The cage which wasn't cheap goes with it. Birds like this used to go for big money in the 80s and 90s. I just need to find someone to take it for free. It would most likely help if you already have other birds. They do better together. I will gladly load it up and meet within a reasonable driving distance.
Y'all holler at me if you want it or know of someone that would want it. I can't take it because I have cats and dogs. Not to mention nowhere near enough room for what I already have. Thanks for looking.

That's what I've been trying to do. I currently have a possible lead from a real bird guy in Conyers that has several other big birds including another Amazon he's had since 86. That's my first best option. So even though the bird could be depressed about Mike being gone I think the contact with other birds would make up for most of that.
If things fall through, I would be interested in the bird for my father. He’s always wanted one. He’s an elderly man and lives alone. I’ve had some experience with large birds in the past & could help him take care of it. He doesn’t have any current birds or indoor pets so it should get lots of TLC. Would Also be willing to pay a rehoming fee. Live about an hour away and would be glad to come pick him up. A bird like that might be more suited to stay with a human rather than other birds simply because that’s what it’s accustomed to. Maybe another elderly man would be a good fit?? Just let me know. Thanks a bunch.

If things fall through, I would be interested in the bird for my father. He’s always wanted one. He’s an elderly man and lives alone. I’ve had some experience with large birds in the past & could help him take care of it. He doesn’t have any current birds or indoor pets so it should get lots of TLC. Would Also be willing to pay a rehoming fee. Live about an hour away and would be glad to come pick him up. A bird like that might be more suited to stay with a human rather than other birds simply because that’s what it’s accustomed to. Maybe another elderly man would be a good fit?? Just let me know. Thanks a bunch.

I would never ask a rehoming fee for anything we rescue. I will definitely keep this in mind since it seems like you know what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom