• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help! Need a new home for a parrot. Seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a yellow nape, whoever takes this guy needs to understand that they do bite, it’s not if they bite it’s when, and if he wants to he can fracture your finger. They need a ton of attention or they will scream so loud it will be heard outside. But if you give them what they need they are the best pets ever
You're 100% on that. They are what they are. And they have quirks like any other animal or person. Mike had birds pretty much the entire time I was growing up. At one point while I was in grade school about a third of my room was occupied by a home made cage big enough for a blue and gold Macaw. My mom finally got fed up with that and they donated him to the Museum of Arts and Science where he still lives to this day. So my next plan after this was to call them about this bird. I think it would help a lot to be around other birds.
Yeah they do bite and very hard. They're not as bad as African Greys about it but it's still gonna happen at some point. Over the years I have wound up with everything from Cockatiels to Conures to Love Birds that my mom couldn't deal with anymore. If I had a sun room or something similar I would consider it with this one. But I have no room for what I already have.

They’re amazing creatures I have 6 parrots, I’d take this guy in but I’m stretched thin on time for the birds I have now, I may know someone who will take him though I’m gonna message you a phone number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re amazing creatures I have 6 parrots, I’d take this guy in but I’m stretched thin on time for the birds I have now, I may know someone who will take him though I’m gonna message you a phone number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's a very good documentary about abandoned birds and the folks that rescue them. I think it was on Prime but I need to check. In one part of it they go to a house that was a foreclosure during the Obama regime. Once inside they found a Cockatoo with his cage wide open and a 50 lb bag of dog food ripped open in the floor. Most poeple don't understand these bigger birds and their needs. They really need attention. They want to be around people or other birds. You can't just leave them alone in a cage. They get bored or depressed and they will either stop eating or start pulling feathers out. It's sad.

Perry, eh?

Can that bird fly?
Atlanta's not even 200 miles north...

(My brother has had an Amazon parrot that looks just like this for almost 40 years now, but that parrot is sick and may not live much longer. I'll tell him about this opportunity to adopt this bird that used to belong to your stepdad.)

Hope you find it a good home! If we had room for more animals we’d take it. We used to have a maroon bellied Sun conyer. Could’ve got one of the words mixed but he was awesome. His name was paco and he loved orange juice, We’d pour orange juice in a coffee mug and he’d sit on it and drink it non stop. He wound up having a brain anurism or something though. Whatever happened to him was neurogical, my wife works in veterinary and about a week before he passed he turned on my wife and hated her out of nowhere and for no reason. We miss Paco.

Long story short I had to drive my mom to the Med Center ICU today to give the okay to unplug my stepfather. He's had this yellow naped Amazon parrot since the late 90s. It talks and laughs and makes all kinds of noises. Right now it's depressed because it's lived in Mike's room it's whole life and Mike ain't there. These larger birds are kinda needy and form attachments to people. I need to find a home for it. The cage which wasn't cheap goes with it. Birds like this used to go for big money in the 80s and 90s. I just need to find someone to take it for free. It would most likely help if you already have other birds. They do better together. I will gladly load it up and meet within a reasonable driving distance.
Y'all holler at me if you want it or know of someone that would want it. I can't take it because I have cats and dogs. Not to mention nowhere near enough room for what I already have. Thanks for looking.

I am reading the contents of this Post with both curiosity and disbelief....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom