• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help! Need a new home for a parrot. Seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you find it a good home! If we had room for more animals we’d take it. We used to have a maroon bellied Sun conyer. Could’ve got one of the words mixed but he was awesome. His name was paco and he loved orange juice, We’d pour orange juice in a coffee mug and he’d sit on it and drink it non stop. He wound up having a brain anurism or something though. Whatever happened to him was neurogical, my wife works in veterinary and about a week before he passed he turned on my wife and hated her out of nowhere and for no reason. We miss Paco.
We had a Conure when my son was little. He used to feed the bird fries and crackers. One day he bit Jimmy and he screamed out " Ahhh **** you bird!" So I had a friend with a liquor store in Byron. And his big sign out front had a parrot on it. So I told him he needed a bird for the store. Well, the bird sat at the end of the lottery counter and could ring like the phone. I think Conures are probably the most fun for your money.

But wait...theres more. This day/year just keeps on giving. So I drove my mom and son back home to Dooly Co from the Med . So she told me to take one of Mike's trucks . She gave me the keys to the 98 F150 XL shortbed. Not bad, right? Kenmore white 4.2 V6 5 speed. Okay so I headed to 75 north. Did great all the way up the interstate at 75 to 80 MPH. Then I got to my exit right next to the Perry Fairgrounds and I had no clutch pedal. Like limp as an 80 year old dick. So I was stuck at the top of the off ramp. Worse yet I couldn't put it in 1st gear and get out. No matter what gear I put it in it wouldn't hold. So I had to sit there with my foot on the brake and wait for a wrecker. $65.00 to go less than 3 miles. I just want this day and year to end.

Hope you find it a good home! If we had room for more animals we’d take it. We used to have a maroon bellied Sun conyer. Could’ve got one of the words mixed but he was awesome. His name was paco and he loved orange juice, We’d pour orange juice in a coffee mug and he’d sit on it and drink it non stop. He wound up having a brain anurism or something though. Whatever happened to him was neurogical, my wife works in veterinary and about a week before he passed he turned on my wife and hated her out of nowhere and for no reason. We miss Paco.
Birds can be fragile. My folks wound up getting the conure back around 99 and one day my stepfather left a Teflon coated pan on the burner too long. The smoke killed the bird. Just that quick with no warning.

Birds can be fragile. My folks wound up getting the conure back around 99 and one day my stepfather left a Teflon coated pan on the burner too long. The smoke killed the bird. Just that quick with no warning.
Yeah when we had paco a lot of people stressed about scents could kill them, like febreeze and such. Not sure if they were right but they are fragile for sure.

Man, if you werent 3hrs south of me, id love to have this!
You won’t drive three hours to pick up a bird?

my next door neighbors used to have some kind of bird and the guy would take it for walks. It sat on his shoulder.
And they had a big outdoor cage and if it wasn’t freezing cold they would put the bird out every morning.

It was weird waking up and hearing the bird whistle the theme to the Addams Family tv show, and the Andy Griffith show and take me out to the ballgame

And it had heard us call our dog from the back door so much that it would just randomly start shouting our dogs name.

You won’t drive three hours to pick up a bird?

my next door neighbors used to have some kind of bird and the guy would take it for walks. It sat on his shoulder.
And they had a big outdoor cage and if it wasn’t freezing cold they would put the bird out every morning.

It was weird waking up and hearing the bird whistle the theme to the Addams Family tv show, and the Andy Griffith show and take me out to the ballgame

And it had heard us call our dog from the back door so much that it would just randomly start shouting our dogs name.

If i had time i would, work and kids has me runnin ragged right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom