• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help! Need a new home for a parrot. Seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parrot guy here, please don't give him to an animal lover. Parrots are not a pet, they are a companion: they typically only bond to 1 person, are terrible with kids, extremely moody, will bite you to kill for no reason, and they live forever. They are not for beginners. Don't give him to anyone who doesn't have parrot experience.

Parrot guy here, please don't give him to an animal lover. Parrots are not a pet, they are a companion: they typically only bond to 1 person, are terrible with kids, extremely moody, will bite you to kill for no reason, and they live forever. They are not for beginners. Don't give him to anyone who doesn't have parrot experience.
What you said. Plus if been with op for a long time it may never bond with anyone else and will morn the loss. (I didn’t wanna be “that guy”, but since he brought it up)

That's what I've been trying to do. I currently have a possible lead from a real bird guy in Conyers that has several other big birds including another Amazon he's had since 86. That's my first best option. So even though the bird could be depressed about Mike being gone I think the contact with other birds would make up for most of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom