• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hell on Wheels....

Hell on Wheels is what the new "modern" Western movies should be like!...nothing good on the big screen since Tombstone

True Dat!

There have been several crap ones around. Tombstone was great, but my personal all-time favorite has to be Unforgiven!

Last edited:
So far me and the wife have been following this show. I have to say I love the fact that when it does throw out a historical reference it's got some fact behind it. I also like that some of those references and Southern viewpoints may show some insight to the fans above the Mason-Dixon. Love the guy's proposal to the Tycoon when trying to acquire the foreman position: EPIC.

P.S. That "Swede" is freakin' weird.

I liked the last episode.

The fight was great-and the whole Irish guy cheating adds a wrinkle. Plus-the surveyor's wife drives a hard bargain for the maps.

-Very good!

I watched one episode(most of one any way) and what I took away from it was that it's trying real hard to be a revisionist, PC western. Looks like it has more social issue dialog than anything else. Between the Black workers getting paid less and being dicriminated against with the local whores, the Indian saving the woman and swearing not to ever be like his "savage" clansmen(or will he respect the traditional, suffereing tribal ways after all?) and the greedy capitalist preaching about freedom to explain his greed, I kinda lost interest.

Man-

I am trying real hard to maintain a favorable opinion of that show, but that silly P.C. stuff does get worse with each and every episode.

Pretty heavy-handed with the morality lessons of late.

I sure would like to see some good action again. That lead character is so good, they damn sure should do something more with the plot than drill us on how politically incorrect the west was in those days. If they continue on their present course, there will soon be freedom rides, dogs with water hoses, and some kind of "I have a dream" speech.

-Good god, I sure would apprecaite a nice western with some good shootin! Just leave all that other silliness out-or at least make it somehow relevant to the plot.

Just like the Walking Dead, nothing happens in the episodes anymore! Did he just give up on finding Harper?

Yeah.

I would think he would have gone after him. And the creepy swede wants to find him now for some reason.

Things really need to pick back up, and they got to get off this p.c. crap. I can't think of any p.c. western which was ever successful-and there were more than a couple attempts.

The show had an awesome first couple of episodes, then all the shootin' and killin' stopped.

Dammit!

Back
Top Bottom