• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hell on Wheels....

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Last edited:
amc has been doing really well with shows lately. breaking bad, the walking dead, hell on wheels. basically amc is the titties right now.

I watched one episode(most of one any way) and what I took away from it was that it's trying real hard to be a revisionist, PC western. Looks like it has more social issue dialog than anything else. Between the Black workers getting paid less and being dicriminated against with the local whores, the Indian saving the woman and swearing not to ever be like his "savage" clansmen(or will he respect the traditional, suffereing tribal ways after all?) and the greedy capitalist preaching about freedom to explain his greed, I kinda lost interest.

Give it a season. After that it will go downhill like "The Walking Dead".

I hope not.

So far, I really like the fact that the show isn't afraid to kill off some important characters. Maybe it will keep on with the violence and badassedness. The main thing I like right now is trying to figure out the main character. It is hard to tell whether he is rightfully trying to avenge his wife's death, or if he has kinda lost it and is just running around killing everyone he thinks may have been around Meridian....

-A lot like Josey Wales (one of the top 3 westerns ever made,) but a bit more complex. So far, I enjoy it.

(And you really need to watch from the beginning. The first episode is spectacular!)

Baron: "how do you get your trousers on?
Main Character: "What?"
Baron: "over those big balls of yours?"

any show with dialogue like that is a keeper in my book

Back
Top Bottom