• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Head case separation

The bullets are fine. I'm getting .353 on specs of .355. However I do have a few of t the bad reloads that got missed when I was pulling bullets. There's a definite case bulge on some of them. Not more that a few 100ths, and inside .380 at the broadest, but still, not how they should be.
526380db6f4248ea04804ab52ec79ce1.jpg
7c0409ee291fad4eae89a31f3b5ed859.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Oal is good on those bad ones?

Any burrs in the chamber of that gun that could be stopping the round from seating? Take the barrel out and see how the bulged bullets slide in and out.

where did you get that garbage ammo from?can you post up a pic of the head stamps,how many different ones?

whenever we did light loads we put a small piece of cotton on top of the powder to keep it pushed against the primer so we did not get flashover inside the case.
someone mentions IMI 158 grain ammo,that is very hot ammo and would not reload that brass unless it was a reduced load.federal pistol brass is also soft,i usually pitched it after a couple of reloads.

Guys:

when a round is double charged or otherwise overloaded, it will back out of the chamber as is ruptures. I once blew an 40 caliber HK USP. As it blew the slide came back and the case head blew off—-just like the ones in the pictures here.

Check your scale—-

where did you get that garbage ammo from?can you post up a pic of the head stamps,how many different ones?

whenever we did light loads we put a small piece of cotton on top of the powder to keep it pushed against the primer so we did not get flashover inside the case.
someone mentions IMI 158 grain ammo,that is very hot ammo and would not reload that brass unless it was a reduced load.federal pistol brass is also soft,i usually pitched it after a couple of reloads.
I looked through about a box worth last night and all of tbose headstamps were wcc or win. I know theres others in there. One that ruptured was a +p+ headstamp, but I can't remember what company.

Unfortunately the ammo came off here. Wasn't advertised as reloads (site rules and all I guess) and i didn't pull the individual boxes out and examine the rounds. So shame on me for being trusting. After I tried to shoot it I noticed all of the boxes has a place where the cardboard was rubbed down to the brown, like with an eraser. If you look real close you can tell he was removing where he had written "do not use" on every box.

Deal had been done a few months and feedback left before I found out. And there's no ODT small claims court as far as I know, so I decided to just try and salvage some components.

So screw that guy, he knew that it was garbage and sold it instead of trashing it. Hope you're reading this thread and that $300 was worth your integrity.
3023885aa630769ec5eb4b9daf202fe1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Saw this with ****ty brass before. Not sure if it is properly sized or length is too long but some rounds wouldnt properly seat. They were close enough to allow primer to be struck but not lock the bolt in battery. The result blew the side of the gun out. You can see in the pics how some rounds would chamber properly and some wouldn't. Luckily nobody was injured.
50e6577bb92eaa62627ffb61264b7335.jpg
6fe67e0feecaf47df24248a0ac0505a0.jpg
f3ce3e1927d5c328a19d157c037b299a.jpg
73044f7aed6e37db7d695307a4ce8381.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Run the brass through a lee buldge buster and that will resize the whole case.hate the glock buldge.

based on the dates i am guessing that brass was no good from the start,possibly due to extensive reloads.
that is some dangerous **** and the seller needs to do the right thing.
Yep. Though I can't believe I'm going to defend this guy, I never contacted him. I have more money than I have need for the hassle of fighting with an ass hat.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom