• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Have you ever witnessed something that absolutely freaked you out?

True story. I was very young at the time but my mother was in the garden and looked back into the sitting room and saw her grand father sitting there, he had been dead for some time and had never been to that house. My mother loved him dearly as he had looked after the family after her father had died in WWI. My grandmother on my father’s side was also in the garden and as she was a bit nutty so my mother did not ask her if she saw my mothers grand father also, she would have said yes. So my mother said said what do you see in the sitting room and my grand mother, straight away said Good God it’s your grand father. He then disappeared, weird but gives you faith in the after life.

Back in 1981, wife was about 6 months pregnant with second child, I was in the store and they had a great sale on newborn Pampers, huge package. I picked it up and put it in the cart and heard a voice say "you don't need these, baby isn't gonna make it". And 3 months later, our daughter was stillborn.

That is just terrible, my deepest condolences.

Back in 1981, wife was about 6 months pregnant with second child, I was in the store and they had a great sale on newborn Pampers, huge package. I picked it up and put it in the cart and heard a voice say "you don't need these, baby isn't gonna make it". And 3 months later, our daughter was stillborn.
I am so sorry.

I stepped on a dead man one day. Back in the 70's a bus collided with a logging truck on Hwy 27 between Pine Mountain and Hamilton, down near the Catholic Church. The accident scene was not secured and a friend and I just walked right up into the middle of the carnage after running 1/2 mile down the highway from The Gardens Country Store where we'd parked. I was standing about 10 feet in front of the bus observing the dead bus driver who'd been pinned in when they hit. I took 2 steps backward and almost stumbled over something. Yep, the driver of the logging truck was lying there covered up and I somehow didn't notice him while looking at the other guy. A guy grabbed me by the arm and asked, "Do you usually step on dead people?"

It was when I was 22-25 yrs I would wake up all the way up in the middle of the night with absolutely no movement in my body completely paralyzed. First couple times I saw a talk figure in my doorway. Last few times I saw it on top of me I can still remember it’s face. They call this sleep paralysis. That’s not what this is. I finally figured it out before this demon had complete control of me. I called for my lord and savior JESUS CHRIST. I’m now 31 and haven’t had that happen since. Scary feeling knowing u can’t move and a demon has all control of u.

So I've read through this whole thread and thought I would drop this in here. Full disclosure, this post and its author operate out of a New Testament understanding of the way the world works, up to - and most definitely including - Ephesians 6:12.

I was dating a girl and her father was a lead minister in a somewhat, shall we say, charismatic wing of the PCUSA church. Back then, in the early 2000's the PCUSA wasn't really the flagrant group that it can be now, so to some, being "pentecostal" was already a bridge to far; but now that they've gone full inclusionist, it really seems silly that just a few years ago speaking in toungues could get you in hot water....but I digress.

We've flown up to Sutton, Alaska to a place called Victory Bible Camp and the girlfriend's Dad is leading this conference on prayer and spiritual warfare. And before we get into this, I should note that I am a willing skeptic at this point. I went to the conference because, heck, it was Alaska, it was free, and my girlfriend was going to be there. Sweet deal, right?

So it's opening night, we've all sort of "met and mingled" and we've gather for our first night of worship. We've sung a few songs and then girlfriend's dad tells us all to break up into groups and pray for one another. So I'm with the girlfriend in this one group and as the prayer begins, we all hold hands, one person prays and then squeezes the hand of the next person and around the circle we go. Well, I had already prayed and as is often the case in these situations, my mind wanders...I'm sure you can relate.

And I only notice something is up in the group next to me because I notice that it has been silent for awhile...and so I sort of pay attention...and no one is praying...and I think to myself, "they can't be through already." And then I hear a sweet old lady say to someone, "go on honey, it's your turn." And "honey" responds politely that she doesn't want to pray. At this point, I'm intrigued so I open my eyes and look over. She's about my age, black hair, fair skin, late teens, in black yoga pants and two tanks tops as was the trend back then, one was white and over it was a green one. Yes, I was checking her out...sorry.

But anyhow, this goes on for a few more beats and then the lady again urges her to pray. Honey again replies politely that she doesn't want to. A few more awkward seconds and then another man in the group asks her if she's OK, to which she sheepishly responds that's she fine, she just doesn't want to pray. At this point, I begin to get a little pissed. Leave her alone, right? Maybe she has anxiety issues, maybe she's shy. She doesn't want to pray, so what? Just leave it be and move on, right? Well then another guy asks her why she doesn't want to pray and she starts crying. And at this point I'm about to go over there and talk some sense into these people. So the woman who started the whole thing goes over to hug her and comfort her and dude number two that asked why she didn't want to pray goes over and asks again. He says "What's wrong with you? Why don't you want to pray?".......and guys, hand to the Lord on a Bible.....this girl's eyes roll back in her head and she slumps over into the old ladies arms and says, in a voice that curdled my soul then and still gives me goosebumps today, "She does not believe."

This group of people banded together and began praying for her. Dude Number Two who I later found out was the associate pastor to Girlfriend's Dad goes to get Girlfriend's Dad. He shows up and literally talks to this demon and in Jesus' name, casts it out. Immediately, this girl's eyes roll back into her head, she gasps deeply and passes *ahem* the hell out.

In about ten minutes she wakes up and has no recollection of what happened. She remembers having this feeling of dread right before we broke up to start praying but then has a blank until she woke up. While she was asleep several people prayed for her and this one native Inuit woman sang over her the whole time...it was surreal. She commited her life to Christ that evening after waking up.

Several other stories from that weekend that opened my eyes to the fact that indeed, the devil is like a lion, prowling around waiting to devour us.

Back
Top Bottom