• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Have you ever witnessed something that absolutely freaked you out?

Wow Jeddak, that's heavy. Like the curse of the Cyclops heavy. I's an odd place to get to- knowing you would lose someone and loving them anyway. That's the epitomy of selflessness.

I've been listening to Dale Carnegies Stop Worrying and Start Living. I'm not a worrier, but it's worth listening to. He quote a Flemish quote in the audiobook:

"It is so. It cannot be otherwise."

Meaning you can't change what happened in any way, but you can choose how you deal with it.

I have recurring dreams, but nothing that I can say came true to any level that I could place it.

There was a dream of a plane crash, people burning, me pulling people out, seeing carnage and trying to help and so on, but there was no plane crash right then to tie it together.

I dream very vivid, detailed, near lucid dreams every night. It's weird when I DON'T dream. I think this thread affected my dreams last night. I can't recall it other than I was very busy, working somewhere, lots of people, lots of handling problems- think triage for emotionally injured people.

Back in 1981, wife was about 6 months pregnant with second child, I was in the store and they had a great sale on newborn Pampers, huge package. I picked it up and put it in the cart and heard a voice say "you don't need these, baby isn't gonna make it". And 3 months later, our daughter was stillborn.

Chapter 2....I took the body back to our hometown for burial, wife was still in hospital in Peoria, she had C-Section. Leaving the gravesite, felt the weight of the world on my shoulders, another voice/feeling "its OK, I got her now", voice of God?, I am not particularly religious, but immediately felt the weight lifted and felt comforted.

Back in 1981, wife was about 6 months pregnant with second child, I was in the store and they had a great sale on newborn Pampers, huge package. I picked it up and put it in the cart and heard a voice say "you don't need these, baby isn't gonna make it". And 3 months later, our daughter was stillborn.
Wow...sorry to hear about that

As I posted earlier, living on the coast there's all kinds of phenomona. I've experienced a lot of sights and sounds not explainable.
I'll tell this one, 'cause it impacted me directly, and over decades.
The house I was born and raised in on Tybee Island seemed to have an attraction for spirits.
An old shotgun style house built in the late 1800's, with a hall that went from the front door straight down the length of it to the rear. Rooms on both sides of the hall.
From as early as I can remember, at night we would hear footsteps in the hall, as if someone was walking there. Occasionally if you looked quickly you could see a shadowy form pass by a doorway. After my grandfather died (massive heart attack) in the house, we began to randomly see him in the hallway.
Soon after my grandmother died, her favorite rocking chair in the living room would start rocking in the afternoon. You could reach over and stop it, but sometimes it would start back up. Finally one day my mother shouted "mother, you need to move on!" The chair immediately stopped, the door into the hallway slammed closed violently, and the chair never rocked again.
By the time my mother died, I had moved to the Atlanta area. I had to go down and check on the property ever so often, and took then wife #2 with me at times. We stayed at the house even though she was creeped out by the nightly walking sounds in the hallway. When I was leaving, I always looked back and it appeared that my mother was watching us drive away, but from the window of my bedroom, not the one that was hers. I never mentioned it to the wife, as she was already a little spooked.
After a few months I returned from an out-of-town training trip and we headed back to the house. As soon as I walked in, it had a different feel. The whole weekend, no phenomena. As we were packing to leave, I commented about it to the wife, who said "yeah, while you were gone, I came down with my mom (a practicing Wiccan Priestess) and she did a Banishing Spell to cleanse the house". When I asked her why, she replied ("I got tired of seeing your mother watching from our room every time we drive off").
Never saw or heard anything in the house again. It's since been sold and razed for new construction.

Wow Jeddak, that's heavy. Like the curse of the Cyclops heavy. I's an odd place to get to- knowing you would lose someone and loving them anyway. That's the epitomy of selflessness.

I've been listening to Dale Carnegies Stop Worrying and Start Living. I'm not a worrier, but it's worth listening to. He quote a Flemish quote in the audiobook:

"It is so. It cannot be otherwise."

Meaning you can't change what happened in any way, but you can choose how you deal with it.
Took Carnegie’s sales advantage course in the early 2000’s and that book was part of the required reading. Some say Carnegie is outdated but there’s a ton of his stuff applies to everyday life. His “Winning Friends and Influencing People “ is good material too.

Took Carnegie’s sales advantage course in the early 2000’s and that book was part of the required reading. Some say Carnegie is outdated but there’s a ton of his stuff applies to everyday life. His “Winning Friends and Influencing People “ is good material too.

Yep, I listened to it first. The material is basic but worth absorbing.

Alright gentlemen, time for a more pleasant story.

Growing up my older sister, younger brother and I would go visit my grandmother (nana). We would spend the day with her and do all the normal kid things. When it came time to leave nana would always tell my mother to get her (nanas) purse. My mother would always say “nana they don’t need it”. Nana would always say that she knows but she wants to and would always give us kids money. Most times it was whatever dollar bills she had. Sometimes ones, fives and once in a while even a ten.

Nana would always tell us to get something for ourselves. So being kids we would buy candy or toys.

On Good Friday 1996 Nana passed. We were all upset as would be expected. Her funeral was the next week. Being a young man at this time (16) and working my first paying job I went with my family to the funeral.

When it came my time to go see Nana for the last time before being buried I approached the casket. My mother was by my side because that’s what moms do. As I got to the casket and was praying I stuck my hand into my pocket. Immediately my mother grabbed me and said “Paul no, Nana doesn’t need it”. I replied that I know but it’s mine and I want to. This was before my hand even came out of my pocket.

When I pulled my hand out I had a $10 bill in it and placed it in my Nanas hand and told her the same thing she did so many times with us kids. It was something I had to do and it still brings a smile to my face today to repeat this story.

Moving on several years, memories and events later Nana is still taking care of me. My ex and I split up after I lost my job. So I had been out of work for some time and had been eating up the savings that I managed to acquire over the years. My now ex is gone and I’m thankful for it.

One day I am balancing the books and realize that I will soon be out of money. When I say out of money, I mean the bank account will be at zero and my pockets empty. So I go to the mailbox that day and in the mail is a letter saying that I have some funds coming to me that I was unaware of.

These are not the now common Nigerian prince finds, but actual money. I do what is required and wait. I pay the bills with the last of my money and now I’m officially broke. The very next day my money comes which permits me to continue for several more months.

Again the money is disappearing quicker then it is coming in. Again I get a letter in the mail about money I am owed. Same thing, pay the last bills and the next day my money comes in.

Some time later money is getting short again. This time it is going to be one more month. I get a phone call about a new job and an interview. I do everything I can. I look at the finances and realize when I’m going to be empty. Three weeks before zero I get a phone call asking me to start on Tuesday.

I started my new job and paid the bills on Wednesday a few weeks later. My first check hit on Friday.

To this day when I think I am about to be flat broke, Nana comes through to help. Flat tires on vacation with bent rims, Nana comes through and the tire shop and rim repair folks know me somehow and give me things at cost, to keep me from digging into savings. Buying a new home and the bank says that I need more money for the down payment, Nana comes through and the bank says that I actually have more then enough.

Nana is helping and in my book is sitting there smiling all the while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom