Have you ever had a gun stolen?

Have you ever had a gun stolen?

• Yes

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 53 63.1%

• Total voters
Our house got broken into years ago, I was a teenager. All of my pops long guns and pistols were taken. My .22 rifle and a rem.870 were also taken. The only guns we had was my 3030 marlin and the .38 my mom had and the .357 pops had. Don't know why they did'nt take the 3030, maybe in a hurry. Mom and pops each carry daily.

Five years later the Greenville S.C. sheriff called and told us that they had recovered most of our stolen guns. The day after the break in one of the 3 guys who broke in shot and killed one of the other 2, with our mini 14 and a s&w .38. Shot him 17 in the upper torso at about 50yds and 4 more in his a$$ with the .38 when he walked up on the boy. The shooter was 18 and the victim was 13.

I don't know the time frame or the circumstances of the arrest or why it took 5 years, I do know that my pops had to testify at the trail.

This reminds me of a story about my FIL. He had a bunch of guns stolen from the house (in Travelers Rest, SC) and by a little detective work, found out who the perps were. Taking the law into his own hands, he broke into the thieves' house and "stole" all his guns back. TR is a small town.

Wow, really surprised by the poll results so far. I was expecting a a good number of people voting that they have had a gun stolen but not anywhere near this many. Its close to 60/40.

I've had $5 dollars worth of quarters stolen from my home, a ps2, a stereo, a c02 pistol and some other random belongings but never a firearm.
I can't stand thieves and more times than not it's usually someone you know.

It pisses me off that so many people lose what they've worked so hard for... I wouldn't hesitate to drop a thieving animal.

Yeah the laws in this country have tendency to protect the scum of this world. Be careful taking the law into your own hands... They have no problem throwing hard working good people in prison!

Yeah the laws in this country have tendency to protect the scum of this world. Be careful taking the law into your own hands... They have no problem throwing hard working good people in prison!

I don't mean to sound like a scofflaw but that's the problem with people nowadays. People are afraid to take a stand, do the right thing and handle their own. If someone wishes me harm why should I have to think about the repercussions of defending myself when faced with a life or death situation.

If I am in my home, my safe haven and domain why does an intruder have more rights than me?

Sometimes I think the law actually admires criminals and other miscreants of society. Stalking them with warrants, court orders and "official bull-****". I have to disagree with this aspect of "justice". People make mistakes and one of them is trusting the "law" to protect them.

Society has made us weak in this aspect and given the upper hand to those who don't deserve it.

I don't mean to sound like a scofflaw but that's the problem with people nowadays. People are afraid to take a stand, do the right thing and handle their own. If someone wishes me harm why should I have to think about the repercussions of defending myself when faced with a life or death situation.

If I am in my home, my safe haven and domain why does an intruder have more rights than me?

Sometimes I think the law actually admires criminals and other miscreants of society. Stalking them with warrants, court orders and "official bull-****". I have to disagree with this aspect of "justice". People make mistakes and one of them is trusting the "law" to protect them.

Society has made us weak in this aspect and given the upper hand to those who don't deserve it.

I vote Redwood for President!!!

I'll tell you why people are afraid to take a stand. If you stand up for yourself or protect yourself from harm (unless the circumstances are what the justice system refers to as justifiable) you're gonna get thrown in a prison with a bunch of animals. and even if you do make it out without prison time youre gonna have to have a second mortgage to pay the lawyer fees.

about two months ago i was shot in the back of the head and attacked by four armed men after leaving a bar for no reason whatsoever. when i got the the er i was asked if i wanted to make a report by a local leo. i asked him if any investigation would be done or of they were gonna look for them. His answer was "Probably not."

i never carry while drinking because i dont think alcohol and firearms mix very well and also because it's illegal. but i guarantee you if i'd been carrying i would've dropped all four of those animals and sent them straight to hell were they belong. think it would've been justified in the eyes of the law? no, they would've stook my hard earned money, guns, and freedom away. le around here is scared and is too busy collecting money on traffic violations and petty garbage that they can make big bucks off of to worry about the big picture.

an honest man barely has a right to protect himself, his family, or his property anymore.

and yes, my best friend stole a jennings .25 from me years ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom