Have you ever had a gun stolen?

Have you ever had a gun stolen?

• Yes

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 53 63.1%

• Total voters
Although I have never had a gun stolen, my buddy has. Granted, he should have locked his truck at night, but he had his 25-06 stolen from his driveway while stationed in Leavenworth, KS (he lived off post in a nice neighborhood). Well, he decided to go to Cabela’s to buy a new rifle (middle of the rut, after all) and he found a 25-06 that looked a lot like his. Upon further inspection, he realized it was his rifle. He brought it to the counter and informed the manager of what had happened. The manager called the police to come out and get involved. Luckily, my buddy had filed a report with the police already; the manager decided to return the gun to him after seeing the police report.

Funny thing is that the gun was a hand-me-down; hence, my buddy had no paperwork. However, the one thing that did tie him to the gun is the Provost Marshall form that is required for hunting on military installations. Although he complained when he had to register his guns with the MPs, it turned out to be the only way to prove the gun was his.

With that many people havin weapons stolen I think I'm going to get a bank vault in the basement. Or maybe the claymores on the front porch are working.

Bought a busted Lorcin .380 as a fixer-upper for my car a couple years ago for $15.00. Ordered a new firing pin from Numrich. Before it arrived, somebody snagged it out of my glove box along with a cheap crummy MP3 player. All told, I was out $25.00. The MP3 was free. I suspect that wasn't the heist of a lifetime for whoever decided a faded-blue 1984 Dodge held within treasures beyond their wildest dreams.

I suspect that wasn't the heist of a lifetime for whoever decided a faded-blue 1984 Dodge held within treasures beyond their wildest dreams.

then again... pickup trucks are more likely to have a gun in them. that busted lorcin probably was sold to some thug in training for about $100.

You want a highend GPS unit? bust a window out of a minivan (moms are always on the go)

you want a gun? pick up trucks!

you want a lawsuit? mercedes or bmw!

About 20 years ago at Six Flags somebody got into our car and got my Springfield Ultra Compact .45, it was recovered about a year later in Birmingham, Al. after a botched bank robbery. After I got it back I didn't even want it anymore, it was pitted, scratched and rusted. Got rid of it and never looked back. Now I don't leave my pistols in the car.

According to a neighbor and friend that is a local cop, over 300 handguns were reported stolen in 3 months at White Water. All stolen from the car. For those that leave their weapon in a car i suggest you use a lock box.

Back
Top Bottom