• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ham Radio Operators

Hello Guys, K4RMB here. Old timer. Licensed back in the 70's. Extra class the hard way. Code and diagrams on test. Some of you may know what I'm talking about. Collector of vintage equipment. Lots of home brew and Collins and Drake gear. Over 25000 tubes on hand if anyone is looking. ERP, well I won't put out here. Been of air a while, but it's time to melt a few wires again.
73's
Rusty

Last edited:
Liensed well over 30 years now - like rusty9876 said, lots of diagrams, electronic knowledge, etc. Took me 2 yrs to get my 13 wpm code, who knew I'd never need it 20 yrs later !! (and who knew my tester would kick the bucket the day I passed my 13 wpm test & that I'd be fighting with the FCC. & the ARRL all this time !! But there's nothing more fun then being able to talk qrp to a ham in Japan, or Czechoslovakia on less than 5w when conditions are right. If you've ever thought of it, go out and get your ham radio license right now, no code required any longer - even the Military gave up on CW - the tests have become much easier, and you'd be surprised what you can learn electronically in a small amount of time !!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom