Gwinnett Sheriff's Office Responsible Firearms Carry Class Review

Here is the info:
Greetings.
My name is Sergeant Mike Kotowski and I work in the Training Section at the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office. I have been in law enforcement in Gwinnett County for seventeen years and in the Training Section for 6 years. I am currently assigned to the Training Section as the Firearms Training Coordinator and have collateral duties as an Entry Team Leader for the SWAT team.

I would like to tell you a little bit about the Responsible Firearms Carry training course that the Sheriff’s Office offers to the citizens of Gwinnett County. The purpose of the class is to educate the public about current Georgia weapons laws and to introduce students to the basics of pistol fundamentals. By no means is this an all-encompassing class as education should always be ongoing. During the classroom portion of the class we will discuss:

• Firearms Safety.
• Georgia Weapons License information.
• When can you use deadly force?
• Introduction to pistol fundamentals.
After the classroom portion the class will proceed to live fire range instruction. The range instruction portion will include but not be limited to: introduction of pistol fundamentals, proper carry techniques and practical firearms safety.
We teach this class at the Georgia Gun Club (www.georgiagunclub.com, 1951 Braselton Highway, Lawrenceville, GA 30043.) where we are fortunate enough to be able to use their classroom and range. The Georgia Gun Club has graciously agreed that, for this class only, they will let all attendees use any handgun from their rental selection free of charge. Attendees will be free to swap handguns as the range portion of the class progresses. The Georgia Gun Club does require that attendees purchase ammunition from them for use in the rental guns. Attendees are free to bring their own weapons and ammunition for use during the class. If you bring your own firearm generally 50 to 100 rounds will suffice. We also encourage all attendees to bring their own eye and ear protection however we will have eye and ear protection available for use.

Due to the overwhelming response we have received this past week we have to schedule multiple classes for the year. Previously we only gave the class when there was enough interest. We will send out a class schedule in the upcoming weeks.

Thank you for your patience I hope to have a schedule out to you soon.

If you have any questions please contact me at: sheriffofficetraining@gwinnettcounty.com.

Sgt. M. Kotowski

The response I received was similar:

Thank you for your interest in attend our class. However, as of now our monthly classes are full for the rest of the year. I will forward this e-mail to Sgt. Kotowski who will contact you if any slots become available.

Thanks

Lieutenant Ron Kelly

Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office

Support Services Division

Training Director

Back
Top Bottom