• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guns you purchased to use..only for them to become too valuable to use.

My first 1911
images

It sits in a box. I pull it out and clean it a few times a year.

It's not because it's worth so much but more because it's so expensive to shoot but I'll probably never get rid of it.
Marlin 375 H&H. This thing will stop a Buick.
Marlin-M-375-rifle-e1611500975101.jpg

My first 1911
images

It sits in a box. I pull it out and clean it a few times a year.

It's not because it's worth so much but more because it's so expensive to shoot but I'll probably never get rid of it.
Marlin 375 H&H. This thing will stop a Buick.
Marlin-M-375-rifle-e1611500975101.jpg
Beautiful weapons

One thing I've learned as I've gotten older, there's no such thing as too valuable to use or enjoy. I don't save high end bottles of wine or whisky, and I don't keep very nice guns inside never to be used. Eventually, we're all going to be dead, and what a shame it'd be if we just saved the nice things we had and not gotten to enjoy them.

Picture Robert Duvall in ‘Open Range’ offering a chunk of gen-u-wine Swiss chocolate all the way from Switzer-land Europe he just bought from the storekeep who had never tried it because it was too expensive. “That’s good isn’t it? Imagine something sitting right here in front of you and you ain’t never even tried it”

Don’t go to your grave thinking something’s more valuable than yourself.

Yea about ten years ago I bought a new Grand Raptor to replace the beat up old S&W1911 that I had been lugging around for years. Wound up continuing to lug the Smith. The Raptor was just too damn pretty to carry!
raptor r.jpg

I decided that what is the point in having $5K+ guns sit in the safe as safe queens if I am not enjoying them on the range and to hunt with. So, I have since sold my cheaper boom sticks and I now enjoy my former safe queens as my regular shooters and hunting firearms. I think that anyone would be more pleased with their purchases if they did the same.

Back
Top Bottom