• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun buyer shot in store by employee with .45

never point a gun at anything your not willing to destroy or kill even if its empty
i think the store needs to teach the basic gun safety rules again

See .45s don't, contrary to popular belief, instantly kill anything you hit with it. Seriously on a side note, that is why there are the 4 laws of gun safety. Glad the guy survived and was ok.

I'm very confident that few gunstores teach their employees the safety rules of safe firearms handling. So far I've had two gunstores pay to have their employees come out to learn safety rules, train, and learn specific things that the owner wanted them to learn related to firearms.

Obviously safety is the most important.

Isn't it amazing that so many employees of firearms stores know so little about the product they are selling?

There are exceptions but it is shocking how prevalent the problem is.

I wounder if the employee was trying to unload a gun a customer had brought in? I had a ton of cusomers bring in loaded guns looking for holsters, and they would swear to me it was unloaded, untill I pulled the slide to the rear and a round pops out, and then they look at me like I asked them the worlds hardest math word problem...

I wounder if the employee was trying to unload a gun a customer had brought in? I had a ton of cusomers bring in loaded guns looking for holsters, and they would swear to me it was unloaded, untill I pulled the slide to the rear and a round pops out, and then they look at me like I asked them the worlds hardest math word problem...

Even if it thats the case, it should not have been pointed at anyone and his finger shouldnt have been on the trigger.

I've seen that happen so many times in gunstores it's ridiculous.

I'm not trying to excuse the accidental discharge, I'm just saying that if it was a customers gun that went off, the @$$ hat customer should share some of the blame, for being a total tool and bringing in a loaded gun in the 1st place, when I'm quite sure there is a sign on the door that says NO loaded guns...

Back
Top Bottom