• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guard Dogs

Two words: German...Shepherds. 230 pounds of early warning system. And this is just them playing around:

upload_2021-6-12_11-31-21.png

Yes...ordinarily...but my daughter had one of the biggest Danes I've ever seen and he wasn't scared of anything. When I stretched him out once in the yard and pulled him up by his forearms to make him vertical his paws stretched near 7 feet. I'm 6'2"..... he was huge... He'd just look at anything like a Dobie or whatever and act like, "so what."
That's a lot of food needed.

I considered getting more protective dogs but then realized that would just be more mouths to feed. But still looking for a long range deterrent that didn't need me to constantly feed I came up with idea of bee hives. Maybe not right for everyone but a toppled beehive would give an almost instant repulsion to unwanted guests. A long rope, a hard pull then without wasting ammo the threat WANTS to leave immediately. And if never needed hives will be an additional food or trade source. It would take the threat quite a while to make another attempt.
Ginny foul best watchdog you could have

Back
Top Bottom