• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guard Dogs

I considered getting more protective dogs but then realized that would just be more mouths to feed. But still looking for a long range deterrent that didn't need me to constantly feed I came up with idea of bee hives. Maybe not right for everyone but a toppled beehive would give an almost instant repulsion to unwanted guests. A long rope, a hard pull then without wasting ammo the threat WANTS to leave immediately. And if never needed hives will be an additional food or trade source. It would take the threat quite a while to make another attempt.
Do like Cali **** in the driveway!

Two Dobermans
I'll see your two Dobies and raise you 2 German Shepherds. Meet Satan and Lucifer (just kidding...that's not really their names, but might as well be if someone tried to break in)
1629045824496.png

I'll see your two Dobies and raise you 2 German Shepherds. Meet Satan and Lucifer (just kidding...that's not really their names, but might as well be if someone tried to break in)
View attachment 3418720
Beautiful. Thinking about a Rottweiler for myself just because I am older now and a Rott doesn’t need as much exercise as some other known guard dogs

The best dog are ones that you love and they love you.
If you have a dog that does not love you, there's some serious issues somewhere in your life, that need to be addressed, with counseling or a bullet. And I ain't talking shooting the dog.

I have a Presa Carnario and she hates anything that intrudes into what she knows is her space. Let her out one night about 1 in the morning. She sat on the porch with her head on a swivel. Reminds you of Sam the sheepdog from the old cartoons. Didn't see or hear the guy walking down the street, but she did. Suddenly she takes off across the yard, I yell NO, she stops. Then from the darkness I hear "oh thank god". A 145 pound muscle missile armed with teeth is a deterrent for anything

We’re dog people anyway, so having a German Shepherd is as normal as a cup of coffee, taint afraid of some dog hair.

I’m not trying to get any mean dog, we live in an ultra-low crime area. Yes, I realize, randomness can be anywhere.
That all said, no one is gonna surprised me, she may not bite, but her bark can’t be ignored.

Attachments

• 859DFB6E-AD0C-4186-94B9-1EF669984B18.jpeg
    859DFB6E-AD0C-4186-94B9-1EF669984B18.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 30
My son has a one and a half year old German Shepherd named Joko. Nice dog.
I get a kick out of watching Joko around my Great Pyrennes, Max when they come over to visit.
Max doesn’t really like Joko but tolerates him because I tell him to lol.
But Joko wants to play or tries to assert dominance when he gets frisky...that’s when Max gets a big hump on his back like a grizzly bear and he swells up - stands up really tall and shows a fang to Joko.
Joko, being a smart dog, disappears quickly lol.

Back
Top Bottom