• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guard Dogs

C ountry

Default rank <1500 posts
Old but still Bold, CSA Blood
1   0
Reaction score
I considered getting more protective dogs but then realized that would just be more mouths to feed. But still looking for a long range deterrent that didn't need me to constantly feed I came up with idea of bee hives. Maybe not right for everyone but a toppled beehive would give an almost instant repulsion to unwanted guests. A long rope, a hard pull then without wasting ammo the threat WANTS to leave immediately. And if never needed hives will be an additional food or trade source. It would take the threat quite a while to make another attempt.

yeah- it wouldn't be near the paperwork as shooting someone
Shoot shovel and shut up.. oh yeah and do it by yourself..
My dad said the best hairs dog to have that no one would pay attention to was gineas( kinda like yard chickens) they’ll always make a noise when someone comes around.. goats too

Shoot shovel and shut up.. oh yeah and did it by yourself..
My dad said the best hairs dog to have that no one would pay attention to was gineas( kinda like yard chickens) they’ll always make a noise when someone comes around.. goats too

Best burglar alarm for the money. We had a pair and whenever anything or anyone was around, they would start squalling.

Honey bees are not an aggressive bee.

Bee’s are a lot of work and you do have to feed them a good chunk of the year not to mention your scenario wouldn’t work so well after dark. Sorry for the parade rain. I would stick with BDR1’s suggestion.
Night time is no problem with angry bees when it is warm. One night, back in the 60's, I backed over a 5-super (layer) hive (temp about 105F)....even with good bee gear, they still managed to sting me more times than I could count.

It was a royal mess for a couple of days.

I have a Chihuahua and she alerts me to anything. I prefer to stand my ground when threatened
I've always felt that little dogs, or even dogs who bark at the least little noise aren't being aggressive, per se. I think they're actually trying to alert YOU to come protect them.....

Back
Top Bottom