• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Great question for those that believe electric vehicles are a great idea.

Yeah, don’t think they’re ready for prime time, yet.
If they can get to a range of 500 miles and a recharge time of less than an hour, I’m in.
Son-in-law is looking to trade his Tesla model 3 for a Ford pickup for towing capacity.

Right now I think a diesel hybrid would make the best sense due to technology not there yet. I like a car with a 800 mile range. My dodge cummins and diesel car used to get close on the highway with the old style diesel fuel. The new ultra low sulfur diesel doesn't get the same fuel mileage the ole stuff did.

Right now I think a diesel hybrid would make the best sense due to technology not there yet. I like a car with a 800 mile range. My dodge cummins and diesel car used to get close on the highway with the old style diesel fuel. The new ultra low sulfur diesel doesn't get the same fuel mileage the ole stuff did.

like train technology from the 60's - diesel only used to charge the batteries

Say what? A locomotive running on batteries? In the 60's?
Not on batteries, but a diesel engine driving a DC traction Motor that delivers high torque to get the train started as a side benefit to overall efficiency. Steam may be more efficient overall, but the maintenance and infrastructure cost for steam locomotives is higher than for diesel.

Not on batteries, but a diesel engine driving a DC traction Motor that delivers high torque to get the train started as a side benefit to overall efficiency. Steam may be more efficient overall, but the maintenance and infrastructure cost for steam locomotives is higher than for diesel.
Used to work on phones in the GE plant in Chamblee that rebuilt those electric motors. They are huge. (The motors. Phones were normal size.)

Back
Top Bottom