• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Great question for those that believe electric vehicles are a great idea.

the way I understand it...manufacturing all those batteries to run those cars does more harm to the environment than twice as many gas burners as we're running now. It might be completely false but I choose to believe it.

I enjoy telling whoever I'm meeting for a deal that I'll be in a Pink Prius with Biden stickers all over it. So far, only 1 guy told me nevermind.
Yea that’s a deal breaker fo sho

They may get it figured out some day. Maybe even soon. But right now the technology isn't there yet. I've been watching it for a while now. I watched a guy that used to work for an electric golf cart company. They went to 4x4s then cars that could do 25mph. I watched the cruise range increase along with speed. Then there was heating and a/c. They could do burn outs. They came a long ways in development in @10yrs

If while driving you run out of power on the interstate do you just walk to the nearest service station to get a bucket of electricity?

Maybe an emergency hand crank generator?
My salesman told me just keep my wife’s dildo handy that way I could get a jumpstart off of it

The thing I find appealing in regards to electric vehicles is the simplicity and the lack of maintenance.

No more oil changes, transmission oil changes, air filter changes, spark plugs, etc.

Less moving parts means less opportunities for failure.

When the battery pack replacement costs are reduced I may be in the market for one.

And I'd still like to have a 1970 Mach 1 Mustang with a 4 speed and 351 Cleveland w/shaker hood scoop in the garage...

This used to be a problem before EV ranges got past 200 miles or so. I think the original Leaf was 80 miles, and you get stuck in traffic on a hot cold day you could chew through that battery pretty quickly.

A guy at work had one and had to get them to tow him home twice in a couple of years. He only lived 20 miles from work but he didn't always make sure it was charged every night, and he got stuck in jams that ran the battery flat before he could make it from Midtown to Decatur.

These days with the ranges so high and the charging time so quick it's not really a problem as long as you do the same as you should with a gas car, and never let your 'tank' go below half.

Replacement battery for the cheapest Tesla costs around 12k to replace. Avg Tesla battery life is stated at 10yrs. Do the math.

i'd like the fact that they are quiet enough to get into and out of situations unheard lol

i am surprised the recycle crowd isn't going ballistic over the fact that there is not that much recyclable material in the tesla batteries. rape the earth for components and piss chemicals back in the hole

Back
Top Bottom