Glock 19X, what other slide it takes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

borvix

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
117   0
Reaction score
Hi guys. I own Glock 19X which is a combination of 17th frame and 19th slide. I’d assume it should be possible to put a longer slide on it, from Glock 17 or from 34, but what generation? In some features 19X is 5th gen and in some 4th gen. Does anybody knows for sure or tried? I don’t have another Glock to try.

Regards

The main difference between a 19x and standard 19 gen 5 is the length of the grip. The top part of frame that the slide mounts to is the exact same length on both, so no a 17/34 length slide will not attach to a 19x frame.

The slide from a 19 gen 5 or a G45 will attach to a 19x frame but that’s pretty much the only options for swapping out slides. There may be some aftermarket stuff that I’m not aware of but I’m just referring to factory Glock slides.

The main difference between a 19x and standard 19 gen 5 is the length of the grip. The top part of frame that the slide mounts to is the exact same length on both, so no a 17/34 length slide will not attach to a 19x frame.

The slide from a 19 gen 5 or a G45 will attach to a 19x frame but that’s pretty much the only options for swapping out slides. There may be some aftermarket stuff that I’m not aware of but I’m just referring to factory Glock slides.

this^^

all a 19x is is a 19 slide on a longer (grip only) 19 frame.

you can switch out the frame for a Gen 5 19 frame to essentially turn it from a 19x to a regular 19

6C2DBD3A-99C5-4A5F-AEC1-FB5605D2F7FC.jpeg

Guys, would you please try to answer what is asked: What other slides, will fit 19X? That's understood without stating the obvious that 19 gen 5 or a G45 will fit because it's exactly the same slide with just different marking on it. The intention is to have LONGER slide of 17 or 34. So which gen 17 or 34 will fit? Is it Gen 5 or Gen4? Or just don't bother I'll call Glock

Guys, would you please try to answer what is asked: What other slides, will fit 19X? That's understood without stating the obvious that 19 gen 5 or a G45 will fit because it's exactly the same slide with just different marking on it. The intention is to have LONGER slide of 17 or 34. So which gen 17 or 34 will fit? Is it Gen 5 or Gen4? Or just don't bother I'll call Glock
I don’t thinks it’s possible to put a longer slide on one. That would be like trying to put a 19 slide on a 26 frame it’s just not gonna work.

Looks like Gen 5 17 or 34 to retain the ambi slide release.
Gen 4's don't have ambi slide release.

Im not sure the frame length will fit a g17 length slide.

One of your options would be the polymer 80 slides or MR920L slides that are build to give you g17 length on a g19 frame but i dont think they would be gen 5 compatible.

Long story short, buy a g17.

Cool, call Glock. You could’ve done that first instead of posting a thread in which people answer your question, and then becoming annoyed after you don’t get the answer you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom