• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting into fishing!

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
where do you guys shop for the good deals? I know cabelas has some but I think they are a little bit expensive. Amazon is expensive too. Basspro seems to be decent but far away. Anyone know anything around Cobb county area? Maybe even paulding county?

The Zebco 33 combo is probabily the best all round rod/reel combo ever on the cheap. If you are serious buy a great crappie rod and a good medium action spinning rod; that way you can fish for everything from brim to largemouth from the start and fill in the gaps from there. Your great crappie rod will be the shooting equivalent of an ar in .556 and the spinning rod sort of like an all purpose .308. You can keep your tackle in grocery bags if you must, but it is hard to fish with sorry rods/reels. Bass Pro is hard to beat for fishing.

The Zebco 33 combo is probabily the best all round rod/reel combo ever on the cheap. If you are serious buy a great crappie rod and a good medium action spinning rod; that way you can fish for everything from brim to largemouth from the start and fill in the gaps from there. Your great crappie rod will be the shooting equivalent of an ar in .556 and the spinning rod sort of like an all purpose .308. You can keep your tackle in grocery bags if you must, but it is hard to fish with sorry rods/reels. Bass Pro is hard to beat for fishing.

I bought a St Croix rod medium fast and a Stradic 4000FJ reel. I caught my first large mouth bass the other day and addicted! So now I will splurge on fishing stuff till I get bored or can't catch any fish.

Wally World has some good deals on rods, reels and combos. Their prices on line, hooks and lures are very competitive. Have a good time wetting a hook.

I bought a St Croix rod medium fast and a Stradic 4000FJ reel. I caught my first large mouth bass the other day and addicted! So now I will splurge on fishing stuff till I get bored or can't catch any fish.

You're off to a good start. Buying quality gear will make the experience much more enjoyable and less frustrating.

Zoom Finesse Worms, Trick Worms, and Super Flukes will take care of you and won't break the bank.

You are starting off on the right track! I use the Shimano Stradic reels for pitching live shad for Stripers. The reel is durable, smooth, and the drag never let's me down when a big fish hits. With a little maintenance it will last for a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom