• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Get Home Bags...Questions on specs.....Sourcing?

I completed a GHB for a friend's son going to college in. Savannah, GA. I think that it is important to know how far you need to travel to get home. This kid was looking at 240 miles. First, thing I did was get a bag to meet his sons needs, a Condor shoulder Deployment bag. I used ideas from Survivor Johnny and the rest of you guys on this site.

-1st Thing we got was a Find( My phone app for the son so we could track his phone if he was trying to make his way home.)
- 5-50 Fire Cord
- Military Survival Knife
-Military Pilot survival water Flask
- Water Purifier Pen GOOD for 30 gallons
- 3 LED Pocket flash light no barriers needed.
- Light Weight Rain Poncho
-Small military signal mirrior
-Light Weight Disposal Tent
- Shaved Magnesium sheard Bags
- Storm Matches 2 types in zip lock bags.
- Pocket Swiss Stove
- Cell phone Charger GOOD for 2 full chargers
- Radiation Tablets
- 2 Lighters
- Small case with fishing hooks, fishing line, and weights
- Fire Starter made out of deer antlers will also serve as hand weapon.
- Whistle/Compass/ Magnifier combo
-extra socks in Zip lock bag
- Allergy pills 60
- Survival Tool card
- Tooth brush
- Extra 5-50 Cord. With Para-cord bracket with Fire-starter
- He will have Energy bars and Power drink mixer.
- Small roll of Duck tape.
-Lint and toilet roll card-board dipped in alcohol then put in a air tight bag, in case it's foul weather when he needs to make a fire.
I will then conduct a session with my friends son on how to make fire, SHELTER and quick weapons will traveling.

I had My buddies high school daughter and friends walk with the bag for there 5 mile walk. I wanted all there Pro and Cons so I could either update the bag or delete some items. they loved the bag.

I delivered the bag yesterday everyone was happy, got a order for 3 more, but I'm NOT making them, I was using what I learned in the military and ODT to help out a friend's son. Any, suggestion or opinions let me know, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom