• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Get Home Bags...Questions on specs.....Sourcing?

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
I own a small Safety And Apparel company and am going to start sourcing and selling GHB's.

Wanted to ask this group of elite survivalists about what they like in a bag.

I am going to guess the top 3 needs are -

1. Cost.
2. Weight.
3. Durability.

Other Considerations......

Do you all care where it is made? USA? Canada? Mexico? India? China? Latin America?

(I am going to guess - China would be last. All the others are major textile suppliers and would be fine)

Color? - Tan- Black- Digital Camo?

Weight - >1-3 LBS? Total? Unloaded?

Do you like MOLLE Systems?

Size? Small- Med Large?

Material? Nylon Cordura? Canvas?

My goal is to keep this EXTREMELY simple.

THANK YOU !!!!

While I hardly consider myself an elite survivalist, a getc home bag is very different than a bug out bag. A bug out bag I'm hitting woods attempting to stay away from people and would probably be more "tactical" in nature although I would take steps to disguise the fact. For a get home bag I want to blend into population without them thinking I know what I'm doing. Don't want "hangers-on" or people that want what I have thinking they should take what I've got. My get home bag is what I need for a day hike and an uncomfortable night out as I'm never more than 40 miles from home for work (mostly much closer) which is 2 days. For this I keep a regular old beat up Jansport that has a waist belt in my trunk along with some hiking clothes and decent boots. All of which are chosen to make me look like any other guy caught short and having to walk home.

I like Medium. I have 2 cars, one with black interior and one with tan. Also have black and tan bags to blend in for a passerby.

I like Molle but with there was a medium bag with cool interior pockets that didn't look all tactical on the outside. Haven't found one yet. Both of mine also have water bladders / camelback type.

Don't care where it's made personally.

While I hardly consider myself an elite survivalist, a getc home bag is very different than a bug out bag. A bug out bag I'm hitting woods attempting to stay away from people and would probably be more "tactical" in nature although I would take steps to disguise the fact. For a get home bag I want to blend into population without them thinking I know what I'm doing. Don't want "hangers-on" or people that want what I have thinking they should take what I've got. My get home bag is what I need for a day hike and an uncomfortable night out as I'm never more than 40 miles from home for work (mostly much closer) which is 2 days. For this I keep a regular old beat up Jansport that has a waist belt in my trunk along with some hiking clothes and decent boots. All of which are chosen to make me look like any other guy caught short and having to walk home.
Thanks for the input.

I like Medium. I have 2 cars, one with black interior and one with tan. Also have black and tan bags to blend in for a passerby.

I like Molle but with there was a medium bag with cool interior pockets that didn't look all tactical on the outside. Haven't found one yet. Both of mine also have water bladders / camelback type.

Don't care where it's made personally.
Thank you sir!

I don't buy into the Internet myth of having a bag with MOLLE webbing will make you any more of a target than any other bag.

That being said,
Maxpedition makes excellent gear.
5.11 makes excellent gear.
Camelback makes excellent gear.
Draco is ok.
Condor is substandard.

Kelty makes excellent bags of one is interested in something that doesn't look military. They also have a broad range of pricing, from book bags to expedition quality gear.

I don't particularly care where it's made as long as the quality is good.

Personally - In 2013 Snowpocalypse...I carried a day pack to rescue a Friends' Wife from the waffle house. Cordura medium weight duty bag. I have owned for years. Worked extremely well. Lightweight, and crushable for storage.

Back
Top Bottom