• No

Votes: 17 4.6%
  • Dont Care

Votes: 26 7.0%
  • TACOS!

Votes: 19 5.1%

• Total voters
Like the image shown on the screen of The Yankee Marshall's video suggests,
HAMP DOWLING is with the EAGLE GUN RANGE in Macon, Ga.
Google searches show he's the owner.

And yes, he and his affiliated instructors have said that every new gun owner / carrier should get training. They've been saying that for many years.

Mr. Dowling himself did recently say that "constitutional carry" is OK if people have to get mandatory training to carry w/o any license.

(This begs the question-- without having any license, exactly how would "the government" know whether a lawful weapon carrier had ever taken and passed such a training class?)

I used to know some other professional firearms instructor from middle Georgia who was a member of GeorgiaCarry.org and used to attend our annual meetings, and he would disagree with the rest of the group over that same point-- he wanted to see mandatory training, at least for any "enhanced" license that would let GWL holders carry in places that have always previously been off-limits. AND I DON'T MEAN HE'D GRUDINGLY ACCEPT A TRAINING REQUIREMENT, thinking it was necessary to compromise this much to get the ability to carry in more locations. He REALLY, genuinely, preferred a training requirement.

The fight for Constitutional Carry has taken a very ominous turn here in Atlanta. Please read this entire email very carefully and then send two emails using the action links below!

As everyone knows, the State Senate passed Constitutional Carry (SB-319) just a few days ago. In a hilarious display of bi-partisanship Senate Republicans AND Senate Democrats complained about the pressure they received from GGO members. It was great.

But then SB-319 was sent over to the House. And insiders are reporting to GGO that Speaker David Ralston has ordered the Public Safety Committee to ‘sit on’ this bill, meaning kill it!

In lieu of SB-319, Speaker Ralston has ordered Rep. Mandi Ballinger to file HB-1358 which the House is referring to as their Constitutional Carry companion bill.

But here’s the deal, HB-1358 is FAR more restrictive than SB-319 and would exclude a massive number of Georgians from being able to exercise the freedoms that Constitutional Carry provides.

To summarize, GGO’s Constitutional Carry legislation (SB-319) applies to anyone who can legally own a firearm. The Ralston/Ballinger bill only applies to people who qualify for a concealed carry permit here in Georgia.

Sounds like a slight change, right? It’s not. If HB-1358 passes as written, Constitutional Carry would NOT APPLY to people who:

>>>
Have any pending legal proceedings; meaning a traffic ticket would be enough to deny you your right to keep and bear arms.

>>> Have voluntarily gone to a treatment center for alcohol abuse in the previous five years; meaning that even without a criminal conviction, you would be denied Constitutional Carry.

>>> Have received any conviction for a drug offense; federal law doesn’t restrict people unless they are addicted to drugs and are currently using them. HB-3158 goes far beyond that!

This is disgusting. It’s not what the other 21 states that have Constitutional Carry have done, and it’s nowhere near what Georgians deserve from our legislature!

That’s why you must contact the House Rules Committee today and insist that they fix this mess with an amendment when they consider HB-1358.

Of course, the easiest way to solve this problem is for the House Public Safety Committee to stop blocking SB-319. This legislation has already been approved by two committees and has passed the Senate.

If the House Public Safety Committee would simply move this bill, the House could vote on a pure Constitutional Carry bill and Georgians could have the freedoms that we all deserve!

But this committee will not take action on this bill unless they feel tremendous heat from grassroots gun owners. And that’s why I am counting on you to send a second email today, this time to the Public Safety Committee, telling them to move SB-319!

In lieu of SB-319, Speaker Ralston has ordered Rep. Mandi Ballinger to file HB-1358 which the House is referring to as their Constitutional Carry companion bill.

But here’s the deal, HB-1358 is FAR more restrictive than SB-319 and would exclude a massive number of Georgians from being able to exercise the freedoms that Constitutional Carry provides.

.... If HB-1358 passes as written, Constitutional Carry would NOT APPLY to people who:

>>>
Have any pending legal proceedings; meaning a traffic ticket would be enough to deny you your right to keep and bear arms.

The quoted section is a LIE. Couldn't be an accident; nobody is that stupid.
Typical, from what I hear, as propaganda from the other gun rights group who can't make any money for their leaders unless they constantly scream "conspiracy" and "traitors!" and say your rights are about to be stripped from you tomorrow if you don't jump today when they snap their fingers.

HERE'S AN ACTUAL QUOTE FROM THE REAL LAW,
that part of the law Code section 16-11-129 (b) that deals with persons not qualified to get a GWL (weapons carry license):

(b) Licensing exceptions.

(1) As used in this subsection [the following definitions shall be used] ....

(2) No weapons carry license shall be issued to:

(B) Any person who has been convicted of a felony by a court ...

(C) Any person against whom proceedings are pending for any felony...

_________________________________________________________________________________

Note the word "felony." We all know that traffic tickets arising from how you operate your motor vehicle are not felonies, right?

THE G.G.O. liars also allege that this bill would retain the existing gun carry ban for people who can't get a GWL for this reason:

>>> Have voluntarily gone to a treatment center for alcohol abuse in the previous five years; meaning that even without a criminal conviction, you would be denied Constitutional Carry.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, they left out the part about INPATIENT treatment. Outpatient treatment for alcohol abuse and outpatient counseling within the last 5 years doesn't count. But being hospitalized as an inpatient WOULD. Huge difference.

And, they also left out the ABILITY for such persons who were HOSPITALIZED for alcohol (or drug) problems within the last 5 years to STILL become eligible for a GWL by showing the Probate Judge that they are not a substantial risk to themselves or others. QUOTE FROM LAW: "... if such court finds by a preponderance of the evidence that the person will not likely act in a manner dangerous to public safety in carrying a weapon and that granting the relief will not be contrary to the public interest."
See OCGA 16-11-129 (b)(3).

Ralston is a sneaky calculated career politician. I am unfortunately in his district. Last time we tried to get rid of the snake, he won a primary challenge. Time to try again. He's been the rino fly in the ointment for years. The man has not ethics or morals.

The quoted section is a LIE. Couldn't be an accident; nobody is that stupid.
Typical, from what I hear, as propaganda from the other gun rights group who can't make any money for their leaders unless they constantly scream "conspiracy" and "traitors!" and say your rights are about to be stripped from you tomorrow if you don't jump today when they snap their fingers.

HERE'S AN ACTUAL QUOTE FROM THE REAL LAW,
that part of the law Code section 16-11-129 (b) that deals with persons not qualified to get a GWL (weapons carry license):

(b) Licensing exceptions.

(1) As used in this subsection [the following definitions shall be used] ....

(2) No weapons carry license shall be issued to:

(B) Any person who has been convicted of a felony by a court ...

(C) Any person against whom proceedings are pending for any felony...

_________________________________________________________________________________

Note the word "felony." We all know that traffic tickets arising from how you operate your motor vehicle are not felonies, right?
So why change from 319 to 1358? What is different?
A dumb ol mechanic wants to know.

So why change from 319 to 1358? What is different?
A dumb ol mechanic wants to know.
I don't know. I did not follow the progress of senate bill 319 or read it.

I try not to watch laws or sausages being made -because I don't want to lose my appetite for the final product!

Constitutional Carry will never make it to the House for a vote as long as long as Speaker Ralston is in charge

Ralston hurdle of him even bringing it to a floor vote in the state house which he has a very slim chance of ever doing.....
My Rep told me several years back that it would never make it to the house floor for a vote with Ralston in charge.

Back
Top Bottom