• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

What is the difference in the generators that are described as invertors?
Invertor generators are refined generators, quieter, more stable voltage, and convert AC to DC, store it in a battery, then convert it back to AC. Serene, like the electricity one gets sitting next to a beautiful woman.

Traditional generators are snarling beasts that can produce enough power to light up Six Flags during a Snowpocalypse. Like a Gold Rush stripper on meth.

My Set Up. I will not go without the necessities if I don't have to. Wife needs oxygen and I need comfort.
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg

My Set Up. I will not go without the necessities if I don't have to. Wife needs oxygen and I need comfort.
View attachment 2939935 View attachment 2939937 View attachment 2939940 View attachment 2939943

Nice system. How about some details/specs. Is that a 500 gallon propane tank? Is it auto-start and transfer? What is the rating of the generator. What is required in terms of maintenance? How long would you expect your fuel to last on a maintained outage? How long have you had it? Would you recommend it?

Nice system. How about some details/specs. Is that a 500 gallon propane tank? Is it auto-start and transfer? What is the rating of the generator. What is required in terms of maintenance? How long would you expect your fuel to last on a maintained outage? How long have you had it? Would you recommend it?
Generac 16kw, auto transfer, runs the whole house, The Electric company that installed it comes out once a year and changes oil, filter and goes through it thoroughly. It does a self check of itself once a week and runs for five minutes or so. I have had it for two years with no problems at all. The tank you see is 300 gallons and I haven't filled it since the unit was installed. The Generator has around thirteen hours on it.
They were here all day to install it. Very neat installation. Total costs was around $7k. If I sold the house that would be a good incentive to buy.
I had it installed in this location because the hedge muffles the sound and the little fence keeps it hidden from the street. It isn't that loud to begin with.
I'm sure it would run for a few days, especially if I kept the load at a minimum.
I highly recommend the system. When I purchased it ,they gave me a ten year warranty.

How much did it cost?

Back
Top Bottom