G19 or G23

get the 23, and a 9mm conversion bbl.
especially if you are shooting pins......40 knocks em off a lot easier than 9mm because of the heavier bullet.

i sold off everything and went exclusively with 9mm for a while, but recently getting back into 40/.357 and a good conversion bbl as to not limit caliber compatibility if the need arised to have to scavenger ammo ;)

G19, and then get a G17, and then get a G34 and if you can find one, get a G17L. If you're bored, add a G26.

The .40 caliber has too much recoil for the limited gain in "power" over today's High Quality JHP ammo.

I have a G17 and G27 so what the heck do I know?

I'd get the 19 though before the 23.

I sometimes wish I had bought a 26 though instead of the 27.

I've had both. I shoot the 19 better than the 23. I did fine on targets, but competition showed much better accuracy with the 19. If you plan to carry, go 26 and put a +2 mag in it. Then buy a 17 or 34 for fun. I think the most important thing is a good set of sights. Trash the factory plastic crap. I keep saying I'll never own another Glock, but I keep buying them.

I've owned both. I like both.
That being said my Glock 23 rides with me every day. I prefer the .40.
Rent or borrow both and run some ammo through each. See what you like.

I have the 23 with the 9mm conversion bbl. I don't think you'll go wrong with either the 19 or the 23. But with the 19, you're stuck with 9mm only.

Back
Top Bottom