Future classics

My father bought a 69 chevelle SS 396 4spd 330 hp and called it a lemon..he had trouble with the carb the trans, the brakes the suspension...but that car is now worth 60/70 thousand dollars and was bought for 4000$ then
True, but inflation made that a $25-$30K car back in the day. Factor in restoration costs to get the full $70K, and its about a wash unless you have all the tools and experience to do so without paying someone else. .

True, but inflation made that a $25-$30K car back in the day. Factor in restoration costs to get the full $70K, and its about a wash unless you have all the tools and experience to do so without paying someone else. .
It became a sought after car because of what came after it and the fact that low horse power cars gas prices made people sell them for economy cars then and when times got golden in the 80/90s they became collectible and those that are collected are bought and sold top dollar as commodities..this is what this thread is about ..getting in on the ground floor of the future top dollar rides that you can buy cheap today..i used to see Buick grand nationals 67/69 z28 in the junkyard for 300$ ..because of the resurgence of collectibles even the base model cars are being resurrected.. because there arnt enough supply cars for the demand for the needed cars..I cant afford a DZ/302/Z28 or a Boss 429 but the base models though rare are somewhat easier to obtain and collect or start a collection that you can build upon as you move up in the collector car world.

perfect example of classic car investment here on the site:
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-1967-camaro-shell-with-lots-of-extras.1110736/

this car is being heavily talked about for a future classic ..giving rise to cars such as the Prius and the leaf and Tesla..this car will be worth millions in the future
ev1-1.jpg

It became a sought after car because of what came after it and the fact that low horse power cars gas prices made people sell them for economy cars then and when times got golden in the 80/90s they became collectible and those that are collected are bought and sold top dollar as commodities..this is what this thread is about ..getting in on the ground floor of the future top dollar rides that you can buy cheap today..i used to see Buick grand nationals 67/69 z28 in the junkyard for 300$ ..because of the resurgence of collectibles even the base model cars are being resurrected.. because there arnt enough supply cars for the demand for the needed cars..I cant afford a DZ/302/Z28 or a Boss 429 but the base models though rare are somewhat easier to obtain and collect or start a collection that you can build upon as you move up in the collector car world.

perfect example of classic car investment here on the site:
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-1967-camaro-shell-with-lots-of-extras.1110736/
Only worth big money if you have the right digit in the VIN

VIN worshippers are a weird bunch.

I think a lot of people only desire a car if it's valuable. They didn't want it until everyone else wanted it.
Like with the Mustangs , if it's a Shelby that was converted when it was new everyone wants it
If it's a clone that is identical in every way except the VIN digit. No one wants it
Even though a lot of experts couldn't tell it apart

People want the status , not the car itself .

Back
Top Bottom