Full Auto Sear w/o Class 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkdhotrod

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
145   4
Reaction score
Okay, here it is, I see this on the www all the time. How is it okay to sell full auto sears and trigger groups to people in general? Is this just okay? Don't you have to have a registered FA weapon before the ban?

A transferable registered sear, needs to be registered unless you just want your NFA dealer to hold onto it as you "flip" it. Post 86 Auto Sears can be had by class 2 dealers. To have a class 2, its like 500-1k tax stamp every year. You have to be running a buisness though. If you get the class 2 for personal intentions, the Feds will f*** you. If you get caught with an non transferable auto sear along with just having a potential host gun, the Feds will f*** you. If you have a non transferable auto sear, with no such potential host, than I beleive you are in a grey area.

A transferable registered sear, needs to be registered unless you just want your NFA dealer to hold onto it as you "flip" it. Post 86 Auto Sears can be had by class 2 dealers. To have a class 2, its like 500-1k tax stamp every year. You have to be running a buisness though. If you get the class 2 for personal intentions, the Feds will f*** you. If you get caught with an non transferable auto sear along with just having a potential host gun, the Feds will f*** you. If you have a non transferable auto sear, with no such potential host, than I beleive you are in a grey area.
This^ What needs to happen?

Take MP5's full auto trigger packs. You can buy and sell them all day long. If you don't have a host gun that you could potentially use it with then you are good to go. People who own a transferable auto sear, let's say for a MP5. Can buy new full auto trigger groups and have their "transferable" sear installed in it. Could be for anything, going from trigger group that is 0,1,F or a 0,1,3,F. But all in all, you can buy and sell full auto trigger groups as long as you're not using it in the wrong way!

So, it is completely legal to have, as long as there is no "intention" of manufacture? And of course not in the same building of a suitable host? Does the ATF not monitor these non-transferable sears? You would think they would follow up with that kinda stuff with both the purchaser and manufacturer.

It's really not that big of a deal. I have bought many myself and bought housing and sold them as a package deal. For instance, HKparts.net sells complete trigger groups, (trigger pack,housing, selectors) for around $800. I've pieced one together myself for $450. And then sold them. I probably should have kept one just to have one. They are getting hard to come by now. But you can still find them on Gunbroker sometimes.

It's really not that big of a deal. I have bought many myself and bought housing and sold them as a package deal. For instance, HKparts.net sells complete trigger groups, (trigger pack,housing, selectors) for around $800. I've pieced one together myself for $450. And then sold them. I probably should have kept one just to have one. They are getting hard to come by now. But you can still find them on Gunbroker sometimes.

Sooo... Since you are already on a list, can we get you to buy them for us for a 20-30% profit on your end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom