• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Freaking Charter sucks

I'll have to check into Comcast, I'm not sure if I can get their services due to living in the country.
From what I've seen and read you won't be happy with any of the big name cable providers. We use AT&T DSL and stream Netflix and Hulu. We ain't had cable\sat since 2010. And when I'm out of town at motels I see what's on cable these days. I do NOT miss it at all. What's worse is you can pick any channel and show that you like and the channel wil run all day marathons of said show until you're sick of it. Plus, flipping past **** like MTV,BET, MSNBC and CNN just pisses me off. Knowing that the provider forces me to take channels I hate and are insulting to me just to get the channels I do like makes me crazy. But ALL the providers know that if they gave us an Ala carte menu where 6ou pick 30 or more channels that you want to pay for the other channels I just mentioned would go under.

10 year Charter user here. They treated me well for the first 7 years, but then they realized that the only other option I have is ATT - not u-verse - they don't have any "deals" for me.
I will say in my area they are pretty stable with it only going out about 3 or 4 times / year, and the speed is great in the day time.
U-verse fiber just went in the ground last month. I can't wait for some competition in this area.

The bottom line is that no matter who the provider is whether it is cable,satellite or cell provider they are all going to piss a person off at some point. It's funny how they all can magically come up these rebates and promotions when you call in angry about something. I've been in the communication business for twenty years and I promise nobody will be upfront with you about there bill and service they offer

I hate Charter.

When I signed up I told them I wanted only internet and cable, no phone. They told me it would be more expensive to NOT have a phone... :shocked: So for two years I paid for a phone line that never once had a phone hooked up to it. I have no idea what my number even was.

Then a few months ago I called and canceled everything but internet, tired of the $150 a month bill. After finally getting it cancelled, my internet conveniently goes in and out and I have to reset my modem about once a day. Never had that problem when I had the whole package, I guess I don't pay enough a month to be a valued customer any more...

It's going to become where you gonna have to pay for each channel you watch greed gonna destroy the world.

I'm good with Charter. I used to pay $140/mo for AT&T 3 Mbps DSL, two phone numbers, long distance, and distinctive ringing for a third number.

I replaced those services about 3 years ago with Charter internet and phone, starting out at a promotional rate of $60/mo. After the promotion expired, it crept up to $91/mo, but they also increased my Internet speed from 30Mbps to 60Mbps. Service quality is generally good. Maybe an outage every six months or so. The service reps on the phone are responsive and easier to deal with than AT&T and their overly complicated plans.

If I could get Uverse, I'd consider giving AT&T another chance, but they only deliver it to some homes in the area, and nobody can make heads or tails out of why.

Back
Top Bottom