• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Freaking Charter sucks

Deaken

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
So I left Windstream at the end of last year because their Internet was slow and craped out frequently. So November/December I purchased Charter phone and Internet what seemed to be a fair price of $49.98 had left me a happy customer. Last month it wasn't a huge deal that I went up to $52.XX a month but now that it's $64.98 for absolutely no freaking reason other than the jack wagon from their customer service that said that that is the price of their rates now and that would be my bill from now on. So I kindly told him I would be shopping around for new service from a provider that won't change me rates whenever they feel the urge. Then he had the audacity to say well I can get you a discount if you'll sign up for our TV, phone, and Internet plan...... I got great joy in telling him to go jump in a creek, that if my bill has went up $15 for no reason with 2 of their services I could imagine what it would be if TV was involved.

All that being said who do you use and how is your service, and their rates? I don't mind paying for their services but I don't like being told one thing and getting something else.

Last edited:
i went to a branch and had to fight with them there. had a print out showing my tv/internet bill was supposed to be 85 and some change a month. 1st bill was over 130 bucks lol!! fought with them for over 3 months and got it to right under 100.

if i didnt live in a apt, where the ONLY cable service is through Charter i would be having comcast right now.

Really not looking forward to going back to Windstream but out of principal I'm afraid I'm gonna have to. Their Internet sucked but at least they were honest up front.

If your in Chatsworth you do not have a lot of options other that Windstream DSL and Charter Cable :grey:

I would hit up the disconnect service team for Charter and see what they can offer you, they have programs to keep customers and provided them with a discounted rate for 6 to 12 moths also it's some times the luck of the draw with the representative you get. Try calling during daylight hours and you can some times get someone state side or even ask to speak with someone at an alternate call center.

Yeah I was thinking when I switched those were the choices I had. I know when I had set up the installation of charter Windstream promised me the moon to keep me but I had gave them 8 years of faithful payments for over priced slow Internet.

Back
Top Bottom