• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For sale $XXX OBO, no lowballers!

It's hard NOT to lowball sometime, one Pistol was used and posted for a price close to 100 more than the same weapon sold at Academy Sports at their out the door with tax price:doh:

That wouldn't be a Stoeger Cougar, would it? Seriously, brand new, pay tax, it's $30 cheaper than ODT asking price.:smiley_simmons:

OK, so, because we are 3 hours apart, I'm supposed to knock $100 off the price so you can afford the gas to come get it? Nah, but I can either meet you half way or I can deliver it to you for an extra $50 so you don't have to get your lazy ass off of your couch, how's that? LOL

That's a deal, you ought to offer that as a service. In 6 hours, I can make the $50 several times over.

If you say "with all due respect" you can say ANYTHING after that. My favorite is "no trades unless it's heavily in my favor" - in other words I want you to offer your $1,000 gun for my $200 gun.

Yep, that's one of my "in your dreams" phrases.

Seriously, does that ever happen? Is there ANYONE who ever says "here, this trade is heavily in your favor, can we make a deal?"

Yep, that's one of my "in your dreams" phrases.

Seriously, does that ever happen? Is there ANYONE who ever says "here, this trade is heavily in your favor, can we make a deal?"

Yes. Had it happen once. I needed to sell something FAST so I could buy something else on ODT. Then a guy just south of me offered a trade with cash on top of it and I knew I could sell his trade easily (it was a glock). He knew he was trading in my favor but that's why he offered since i had sale only in my ad. IIRC I came out about $150 ahead and we were both happy. Sometimes it works out. I've lost my ass quite a few times too...

Yes. Had it happen once. I needed to sell something FAST so I could buy something else on ODT. Then a guy just south of me offered a trade with cash on top of it and I knew I could sell his trade easily (it was a glock). He knew he was trading in my favor but that's why he offered since i had sale only in my ad. IIRC I came out about $150 ahead and we were both happy. Sometimes it works out. I've lost my ass quite a few times too...

Yeah, but he was trading a Glock, so any trade had to be in the other person's favor for it to go through. If I had one, I'd give it to you too.,

if something you like , need , and plan to purchase has obo just decide the max you are willing to pay and make that your offer . if it is not enough just leave contact info and maybe they will get back in touch when they have received other lower offers . think of it as a silent auction where you only bid once .

Was looking at an item on Ebay last week. $60 OBO. I offered $40. Guy had 48 hours to respond. He waited 40+ then counter offered with...$60. WTF? LOL!

Back
Top Bottom