• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Setups! Show off those sexy fly rods and reels!

Bet that was a lot of fun!!!
Absolutely!
The Kings on a fly rod are brutal….but well worth it!

I got to watch the Pike dart out of the lily pads and inhale that streamer! It was such a cool sight.
The smallmouth up there are aggressive and crush a perch or craw colored streamer.
I’m going to try mousing for some big browns this summer.
If you ever get a chance, go fish the Au Sable River. Theres a section that is known for producing some trophy browns.

These 2 were caught back to back on a spinning rod setup in the Upper Peninsula a couple years ago.
Hopefully i can get one that size to inhale a fly one of these days!
F3FCC851-E34A-41DB-BCA2-46390F22539C.jpeg
CB155E30-907E-480C-A947-CDED7853973E.jpeg

Heirloom bamboo. 8’ 2 piece 5 wt. I built in Mr. Bill Oysters class in town. Orvis Batt. Very special to me and I hope to do the class at least one more time before I die. Next time, a 3 wt.

View attachment 4952155
That grip looks way too clean!

I was also fortunate enough to take a class a couple of years ago. Ended up building a 7wt with saltwater hardware. Light enough to still have fun with trout on the Toccoa, but also enough to do some light saltwater fishing with.

Intentions started out to do light saltwater, but I’ve put it to the test on some bull redfish. It’s held up just fine. I too want to take another class, I’d like to build a 12wt next.

Great thread, I’ll have to post some of my setups over the weekend

That grip looks way too clean!

I was also fortunate enough to take a class a couple of years ago. Ended up building a 7wt with saltwater hardware. Light enough to still have fun with trout on the Toccoa, but also enough to do some light saltwater fishing with.

Intentions started out to do light saltwater, but I’ve put it to the test on some bull redfish. It’s held up just fine. I too want to take another class, I’d like to build a 12wt next.

Great thread, I’ll have to post some of my setups over the weekend
Please do! And yeah, I caught one fish with it to say I did and now it hangs on the wall. Bill Oyster would be extremely upset with me but I can’t bring myself to use it. Lol.

Winston IM-6 made in 1990 . Finest casting 4 weight, 8”6 I own. Going to use her tomorrow way out in the woods .

Attachments

• 70510969097__517B6380-3D9D-4B37-B86E-2B7B8ED72F06.jpeg
    70510969097__517B6380-3D9D-4B37-B86E-2B7B8ED72F06.jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom