• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

First, you make a roux...

INDEED, INDEED!....
However,
IMO (although humble as can be,) please, add trinity to roux, not roux to trinity.
(New Orleans School of Cuisine,1990, Double Grad...with Honors.)
I will continue to observe, perhaps....even learn.
Interesting. Why? I grew up adding trinity to the roux to begin the cooking process of the vegetables. I want to say that it may have been a Paul Prudhomme or Justin Wilson thing I picked up a long time ago.

Last edited:
Add roux to chicken and sausage stock, dissolve roux, add okra and remaining trinity, browned chicken and sausage, water, cayenne, black pepper, salt and Tony's seasoning
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_12_22_7c78176381657263419434f53b5018c4.jpg

More chicken
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_12_22_3f79e8f128659ed343536689134cf0f3.jpg

Bring to boil, reduce temp and simmer for 2 hours
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_12_22_99fe3389eacd716149e7a079fff1e051.jpg

Looks good. Now I'm hungry for some gumbo. I guess I'll have to wait till January when I go back to Lafayette.

Enjoy.

Oh my goodness! That looks fantastic!

As a city borne but country-hearted northern I've never made gumbo but I sure would love to learn.

I watched this one guy and he put his meats in a big stock pot with water, then trinity with garlic, then seasonings, then pre-made roux, then okra. Does that make sense?

who makes gumbo at midnight??...lol :boink:

looks good!
The guy who had to work late because he's supposed to be on vacation for the rest of the week. Didn't get started until after 7 and started from scratch. I'm traveling tonight and tomorrow, then coming home to a house full of guests on Christmas Eve. Had to get her done since there wasn't going to be any other time to do it.
Dude that looks so good.
Thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom