• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Fired First Reloads!

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
I finally got her done!

I have been very careful in setting up my first batch of reloads. It has taken months to find powder, bullets, etc. But I finally made it!

Fired 20 rounds of 125 gr 9mm-and everything cycled perfectly.

Thanks for all the help and tips ODTers! You guys have been a real asset!!

-I am so stoked to finally have fired my first set! Feels awesome!!

(And it is damn nice to be able to shoot a little-despite our ongoing ammopacalypse!!)

I am not too far off from this accomplishment either, and I can't wait... Been building the reloading room and acquiring reloading supplies for the past few months... I yearn for that feeling of successful completion myself...

Cool man. I just back from trying out a new 125gr cast recipe myself. How much fun are we having? :D

I am really starting to enjoy the way reloading kinda forces you to not get in a hurry, to just focus on one thing at a time and forget about all life's other complications.

It really is kinda relaxing once you get going. Neat way to clear the decks, and focus on a few small tasks-one at a time. I am beginning to understand why people say handloading can be relaxing.....

(And I am definitely happy with my decision to start with a single stage. Forces you to be very methodical.)

Congrats, that is a rewarding moment. Just made some 40 155gr with some bullseye after shooting a bunch at the range today, decent load especially for paper punching.
I haven't shot any commercial stuff in months.

Back
Top Bottom