• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FINISHED:PICS. Getting ready to Plasti-Dip my car....

Yeah.. NO scuff no stick! out of the business for a while now but have painted quite a few in my day. The best paint in the world will look like poop if the prep work under it is poop. Just FYI

True...but this isn't paint. It has an adhesive quality to it as it cures. Thats how it sticks. I have not used it on a car yet, but have used it on other things with no surface prep other than cleaning with excellent results.

lot of the drift kiddos back in Houston loved the stuff, but then their cars always looked haggard too. Once you pay for the Plastic, you could have bought enamel instead, and it looks much nicer, and is more durable trying to save you the remorse :) (GL washing that stuff from what I've seen, COVER those fenders if you go underhood, grease will NOT come off, it stains it).

image.jpgFirst coat.....

Have you weighed this stuff? How much weight is this going to add to the car? And if it gets a nick does it tear in strips, or develope an opening and fill with air like a parachute? Say you are driving on the interstate, 70-75 mph. A truck passes and a stone hits your front bumper tearing a small hole. Not noticing you keep driving. That hole flaps and grows until it finally gets a big enough pocket of material pulled from the car to catch some serious air. POOOF! You have a big rubber baloon in your face. Hmm...

I so wanna do this to my toyota. Dont think it will hold up to the trees and rocks dragging across the tin though. It will be a quick and dirty "paint" job and I can peel off and re-spray as needed so.....

I have used this stuff quite a bit in the past on wheels and different areas on the grill of cars and what not. I also did my motorcycle completely with it recently. It holds up well, comes off without too much trouble if you want to remove it. If you do get a chip or imperfection in it, I have just sprayed over that area to touch it up and everything blended in just the same. Although I have only used the spray cans and never done a whole vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom