• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

FDE SCAR 16

But it's just like a bike you put upgrades into it what you like not necessarily what another wants. But even soon as you buy it it's used.
It’s nothing like a vehicle, they don’t hold their value. Unless it’s a pristine classic.

Supply and demand, if something which was once widely available is no longer easily attained, the value goes up.

Look at old smith revolvers, Mosins, SKS, M1 garand etc. they are used, and old, and outdated, yet the price continues to climb. Look at FN Ps90 and the 5.7pistol value now vs when they where new. People are still buying them for higher than what was retail.

An item being used is not the only determining factor to its value.

It’s nothing like a vehicle, they don’t hold their value. Unless it’s a pristine classic.

Supply and demand, if something which was once widely available is no longer easily attained, the value goes up.

Look at old smith revolvers, Mosins, SKS, M1 garand etc. they are used, and old, and outdated, yet the price continues to climb. Look at FN Ps90 and the 5.7pistol value now vs when they where new. People are still buying them for higher than what was retail.

An item being used is not the only determining factor to its value.
It is what it is. It's your rifle you can ask whatever you want for it. And what I think doesn't matter. I just may not agree with it. But hey its america.

It is what it is. It's your rifle you can ask whatever you want for it. And what I think doesn't matter. I just may not agree with it. But hey its america.
Regarding your issue with things being priced as used.
To buy everything new that I have listed it would be almost 8k before tax and shipping.
I have mine listed for 5k, I’d say I have done a good job pricing things according to it being used and not priced as new..

Regarding your issue with things being priced as used.
To buy everything new that I have listed it would be almost 8k before tax and shipping.
I have mine listed for 5k, I’d say I have done a good job pricing things according to it being used and not priced as new..
Alright man dont have to justify it to me. I just dont think it's worth it to me. Again my opinion.

Again like I said about it's like having a motorcycle upgrades dont really add that much value. Even if you do buy them they are again used. A new $1400 acog ain't worth $1400 at best $850 used. A new trigger may cost $300 but after that it's used.
I agree. But it goes back to scarcity. If you have a harder to find motorcycle then the value is going to hold better. As for adding stuff back and adjusting the price, if I do that then I’m stuck with parts I don’t need for a gun I don’t have.

Again like I said about it's like having a motorcycle upgrades dont really add that much value. Even if you do buy them they are again used. A new $1400 acog ain't worth $1400 at best $850 used. A new trigger may cost $300 but after that it's used.
I agree. But it goes back to scarcity. If you have a harder to find motorcycle then the value is going to hold better. As for adding stuff back and adjusting the price, if I do that then I’m stuck with parts I don’t need for a gun I don’t have.

It's the price of doing business like I told the other guy. You can value your stuff as high as you want that's your right. But after being posted on ODT for 4 months got to start wondering if your price is right. And I would say the same thing to any guy with motorcycle. You may think it's rare and worth more but what you think it's worth and what it sells for are two different things. And one is fantasy and ones reality, no determining which is which is up to you.

There’s no denying that they are 2699 new.

There’s also no denying that ACOG’s, extra barrel, Geissele Trigger etc. aren’t free.

Hell the triggers alone are 300 dollars, and in my opinion something that NEEDS to be done to a Scar, no matter the color.

Why don’t you go tell Brownells that they want too much for a Scar 16s barrel...
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...barrels/scar-barrel-assemblies-prod68757.aspx

alevinson91 alevinson91
Unlike when you upgrade a glock,those aren't worth a dime..

Back
Top Bottom