• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite gun maker, why and what would you like to see more of...

Since no one else has said it and I'm a Red Blooded American Male...
COLT!!! Their autos are great; just need AVAILABILITY! and to Knock SW off their high-horse to make wheel guns again. New production Python would be awesome.
HK1911. Nuff Said...but I wouldnt turn down a GLOCK G1911 either ;)

Ok, I'm admittedly not a Glock fan, but why is everyone so hot for a Glock 1911? Do you really think they could make a 1911 better than what's already offered? maybe more rectangular or something? As much as I don't like them, Glocks are servicable tools... but what might they offer in a 1911 that isn't already available? the only reason the current line of glocks are priced as they are is because they are simple to make. They couldn't offer a quality 1911 any cheaper than what's already available, and they aren't going to improve on accuracy or reliability with the 1911 either. So do you guys just want one that says Glock on it?

I'm a fan for the Sig in the handgun and Browning for a rifle. I realize there are better weapons, but not in my budget. So I'll stick with Sig and browning.

Ok, I'm admittedly not a Glock fan, but why is everyone so hot for a Glock 1911? Do you really think they could make a 1911 better than what's already offered? maybe more rectangular or something? As much as I don't like them, Glocks are servicable tools... but what might they offer in a 1911 that isn't already available? the only reason the current line of glocks are priced as they are is because they are simple to make. They couldn't offer a quality 1911 any cheaper than what's already available, and they aren't going to improve on accuracy or reliability with the 1911 either. So do you guys just want one that says Glock on it?

I agree. I really like Glocks but what makes a Glock a Glock wouldn't work in the 1911 platform. Safe action trigger and polymer frame? Glock has great customer support and a fine product but I don't see how they would improve the 1911.

I agree. I really like Glocks but what makes a Glock a Glock wouldn't work in the 1911 platform. Safe action trigger and polymer frame? Glock has great customer support and a fine product but I don't see how they would improve the 1911.

Who said they wanted Glock to "improve " it? I just want one to say I have it. No safe action, no double stack. Not expecting a 400 gun. Just a well made, tennifer finished 1911. That being said, I'd gladly pay whatever HK wanted for their 1911. If it ain't a Colt, its a copy; but some of the copies ain't half bad :D

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I like brownings never had a problem with any that I have owned over the years. The hi power is my favorite pistol design ever even more than the 1911. Colt if I wanna sell it down the road Colts always sell.

Back
Top Bottom