• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fake gold and silver all over the place

I can test most coins if you want to bring them to my shop. I have the https://www.thefisch.com/
and Sigma Precious metals tester. I will be glad to test anything for you. I have seen so many fake coins that it is mind-blowing.
Thats an awesome offer dude

Those devices are expensive as **** but work great for density testing

This may seem a dumb question, but short of acid testing one, how can one be sure they are buying a genuine piece? I fool with silver and have a scale, but so far, I stick to dealers so I know Im not buying a fake.

I have multiple ways to test. The fisch system, the sigma precious metals verifier, acid and the magnet test. I don't have a specific gravity test. Those are all the ways that I know of testing them. File a big mark or drill a hole in them. That does work although it damages the coins. I only do that if I feel the customer is an actual scammer and I want to see his/her reaction and I have already verified its a fake.

I have multiple ways to test. The fisch system, the sigma precious metals verifier, acid and the magnet test. I don't have a specific gravity test. Those are all the ways that I know of testing them. File a big mark or drill a hole in them. That does work although it damages the coins. I only do that if I feel the customer is an actual scammer and I want to see his/her reaction and I have already verified its a fake.
Is the magnet test as strait forward as it sounds? See if a magnet will stick to it?

Looks like its just a little magnetic, just like high nickel stainless and pure nickel. Do you happen to have a fake a fella could buy for testing purposes?

Back
Top Bottom