• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

F marked AR Front Sight Base, meaning?

"F" marked FSB meaning:

• Forged

• Flat Top

Results are only viewable after voting.
"I'm building a semi auto M16-A2 clone, and I'm having a hard time finding a non-"F" marked front sight base. I'd even be happy to buy a used one that's been taken off a rifle, and I'm hoping you guys might have something like that."

Here's their answer:

"All parts we carry are made to milspec. Milspec front sight bases which would be required for a M16 build are all “F marked”, which signifies they are forged milspec front sight bases."
Although I think that whoever answered your question may not have known exactly what you were looking for if you had done a little more research you would've been able to find what you need.

image.jpeg
If you dont trust what a maufacturer tells you..just move on..im sure they get all kinds of stupid commentary about the smallest of details..what is it that you are trying to "actually" accomplish? the difference in height can be made up by the height of the front site post...its that close..and BCM doest care if you buy it or not just try to buy one of their lowers...they only want certain that what they sell will not be used by just anybody...believe what you will

image.jpeg

Although I think that whoever answered your question may not have known exactly what you were looking for if you had done a little more research you would've been able to find what you need.

You mean a little more research like - I don't know - emailing companies like Bravo Co to see if they have what I'm looking for?

Great idea. Thanks.

You mean a little more research like - I don't know - emailing companies like Bravo Co to see if they have what I'm looking for?

Great idea. Thanks.
Or maybe go on a site like..I don't know, AR15.com or M4carbine.net and looking through some of the knowledge-based threads.

Yep. I did. That's how I knew I should ask for a non- "F" marked FSB when I emailed Bravo Company.

And now the circle of logic is complete.
So you emailed a company that makes and sells new products and ask for a used part they don't have and I'm the dummy?
This thread is a perfect example of why some people should just buy factory rifles.

So you emailed a company that makes and sells new products and ask for a used part they don't have and I'm the dummy?
This thread is a perfect example of why some people should just buy factory rifles.

How does "I'd even be happy with a used one..." become "I'm only looking for a used one..." in your mind? How exactly did you make that jump from what I actually said?

Edit: I lost interest in this discussion 2 pages ago. I'm gonna go play in the classifieds now.

How does "I'd even be happy with a used one..." become "I'm only looking for a used one..." in your mind? How exactly did you make that jump from what I actually said?
If you looked on the web site (new product) and couldn't find what you need (a non-F marked FSB) and then say you'll accept a used one you are in effect asking for a used one.
I didn't say you were 'only looking for a used one'.
But whatever. Your original question has been answered and explained, with pictures, early in the thread.
Good luck with your build.

Back
Top Bottom