• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Experimenting with appendix carry

So having tried several aiwb holsters and thinking ones with a flex point would be more comfortable than a rigid piece of Kydex, I can honestly say I really find the new T. rex arms sidecar for my g48 more comfortable than the one I had from tier1 concealer. Everyone has difference of opinion on what they prefer and fits em best, so what is best for me may not be best for you. That said, One thing I noticed as soon as putting the T. rex sidecar on compared to the tier1 elite was that it is much more ergonomical on me and lower profile. The angles and cut of the holster are much more comfortable than the tier 1 that has flex point. The T. rex has just the right bend in shape for me and being more V shaped site nicely in front carry. Less pressure and pushing into me. The smaller footprint although maybe minimal looking at it is HUGE on fit and feel on your waist. I am very happy with it (have had it for a few days now). Below are pics of comparison. I’ll be picking up more T. rex arms sidecar if I go back to carrying a full size Glock.

B0B192B6-CE49-443D-B2D4-FAA80647D3FF.jpeg
AB6327B0-E476-498A-A52F-F74FA8B2BCB0.jpeg

676A5E39-7079-4C08-9303-F3BF9E0AAC6B.jpeg

So having tried several aiwb holsters and thinking ones with a flex point would be more comfortable than a rigid piece of Kydex, I can honestly say I really find the new T. rex arms sidecar for my g48 more comfortable than the one I had from tier1 concealer. Everyone has difference of opinion on what they prefer and fits em best, so what is best for me may not be best for you. That said, One thing I noticed as soon as putting the T. rex sidecar on compared to the tier1 elite was that it is much more ergonomical on me and lower profile. The angles and cut of the holster are much more comfortable than the tier 1 that has flex point. The T. rex has just the right bend in shape for me and being more V shaped site nicely in front carry. Less pressure and pushing into me. The smaller footprint although maybe minimal looking at it is HUGE on fit and feel on your waist. I am very happy with it (have had it for a few days now). Below are pics of comparison. I’ll be picking up more T. rex arms sidecar if I go back to carrying a full size Glock.

View attachment 2456707 View attachment 2456708
View attachment 2456712
Great write up. I've been wanting to order a new holster anyway. Maybe I'll give TRex a try this time around.

Great write up. I've been wanting to order a new holster anyway. Maybe I'll give TRex a try this time around.

for me, I find that the drawback of the flex point holsters is ya rely on cinching belt to get it to form to your waist. I find I can wear my belt looser (more comfy) and yet have a more ergonomic bend with the T. rex. That already has the right bend in it. YMMV

also I got the T. rex in less than I think 7 days from ordering. Very quick lead time. Like other companies, they have continued to evolve their holsters

Update on the Tier1 Elite holster rental.

I liked the size, weight and overall construction and l wanted it to work. But I was uncomfortable walking with it. Too much pressure on the bladder. At least it was less comfortable than the individual Reactive Concealment P365 and mag holsters I’ve been wearing for the past few weeks.

It’s likely my physique, but I prefer spreading the mag and pistol about 15 cm. Also makes unbuckling a lot simpler.

Just to be clear I’m no athlete. I do carry about 12 hours daily, much of that time sitting, but also walking 4 miles average daily. However, no running, flirty dancing, wrastlin, or general horseplay.

As for the rental experience - Excellent. It cost $10 for a week rental and $7 shipping. that included return shipping. It was in stock and mailed out same day as ordered. They have responded to all my emails within an hour. They seem to have a great variety of brands and models to choose from.
They’re The Wild Gunner (TX)

Update on the Tier1 Elite holster rental.

I liked the size, weight and overall construction and l wanted it to work. But I was uncomfortable walking with it. Too much pressure on the bladder. At least it was less comfortable than the individual Reactive Concealment P365 and mag holsters I’ve been wearing for the past few weeks.

It’s likely my physique, but I prefer spreading the mag and pistol about 15 cm. Also makes unbuckling a lot simpler.

Just to be clear I’m no athlete. I do carry about 12 hours daily, much of that time sitting, but also walking 4 miles average daily. However, no running, flirty dancing, wrastlin, or general horseplay.

As for the rental experience - Excellent. It cost $10 for a week rental and $7 shipping. that included return shipping. It was in stock and mailed out same day as ordered. They have responded to all my emails within an hour. They seem to have a great variety of brands and models to choose from.
They’re The Wild Gunner (TX)

Good info. AIWB is very dependent on your body shape so being able to try out a rig prior to committing $130+ is smart. I know I wasted some cash "trying out" several set ups from different companies.

Any of y’all have experience with tenicor? I have the sagax lux and been using it daily for about three months and it’s super comfy.Also being Compatible with different lights is a plus.

Carrying appendix sure was a lot easier when i was 230 lb with abs vs 315 pounds with a quality dunlap... just saying.

Haley Strategic/ Gcode Incog with mag caddy riding on a Ares Gear Ranger belt was the setup.

Tier1 has done it yet again. Raised the bar and made so much better and already great product. More comfortable, more ergonomic, more concealable, more awesome looking. This holster came in the mail today. It’s the new tier1 axis elite series and it’s slick! Very well thought out designView attachment 2303186

Is it worth upgrading to an elite over a slim in your opinion?

Back
Top Bottom